To change the rear brake cylinder begin by lifting the vehicle and removing the rear wheel. Access the brake cylinder within the brake drum, disconnect the brake line, and replace the old cylinder. Secure the new cylinder, reconnect the brake line, and bleed the brakes for proper fluid circulation. Reassemble the brake components lower the vehicle and test the brakes before driving. For detailed instructions and guidance, you can visit a car detailing website in Alexandria, such as Car Detailing Alexandria Services in VA
Trying to list the steps here would totally explaing the process. Your better off if you just buy the Haynes repair manual for that vehicle. It has more pictures words for this procedure. Good luck!
Do yourself and purchase a Haynes repair manual for this car. It's kind of detailed and they give you an excellent step by step with pictures on how to do this. Well worth the $16.00 it'll cost you.
1. Make sure you have a warm garage to work in and some quality tools. If your hands get cold while you're doing this it's not going to work very well.
2. Go to an auto parts store and pick up the Chilton's Manual for GM Geo Metro.
3. You have drum brakes in the rear. AutoZone has the lowest price last time I checked. $30 for the no-brand with 90 day warranty, $50 for the brand-name with 10-year warranty.
4. Make sure that your E-brake is DISengaged.
5. Take off the tire as you would when changing it and jack it up. You may want to use a more stable jack than the one provided. Don't get hurt, y'know.
5.5 Aside from the 4 lugnuts, there's also a nut in the center under the spindle cap which must be removed using a chisel or screwdriver.
6. Use a hammer or a rubber mallet to bang a few times on the inside side of the brake casing. Once loosened it will come off fairly easily
7. If you notice that the drums are shiny and smooth rather than matte and rough then you have a problem. Your wheel cylinder is leaking brake fluid and that's why your brakes lock up (if they do). That's another howto and you'll need another set of hands and some ingenuity (or the right tool) to fix that.
8. Take a good look at the way things are. Only replace one side at a time in case you forget and need to reference the other one.
9. You just kinda have to figure out how things come apart and go back together. The manual will help. Taking pictures helps too.
10. (With warm hands) it should be fairly simple to unclip and unspring what needs done to pull the old off and put the new on.
P.S. I have the Chilton manual for this and it's very descriptive, easy to understand, and gives good pointers. I highly recommend investing in one. It's about $20 at PepBoys or Checkers or AutoZone.
The rear brakes on a 1996 Geo Metro are changed by jacking the rear end up, placing it on jack stands, and removing the wheels. The calipers can then be removed, the old brake pads removed, and new pads installed.
how can I remove adrum brake from geo metro 1992
Front or Rear? Both
how much cost to change a clutch for a geo prizm 1995
This might be helpfful. How do you Change a fan belt on 94 prizm?
This was for a 1994 but try searching here. How do you Change a fan belt on 94 prizm?
Geo Prizm was created in 1989.
My 1991 Geo Prizm LSI does not have overdrive My 1991 Geo Prizm LSI does not have overdrive
Geo Prizm is compatible with the Toyota Corolla.
You may find some help by searching for this question.How do i replace the water pump on a 1993 Geo Prizm 1.8L?
behind the drivers side rear tire on the frame
Usually 6.5-7" rear, 4.5-4.75" front
See the answer for the 93 model if you're referring to the rear ones. If you want to replace the front ones, you have to remove the door panels.
From inside the trunk.