Asked in
Ford Bronco
Ford F-150
Classic 1964-1978 Ford Mustangs

How do you differentiate a ford windsor 351 from a Cleveland 351?


User Avatar
Wiki User
February 02, 2012 9:45AM

The easiest way to tell is that the Windsor has trapezoidal valve covers with six bolts, whereas the Cleveland has rectangular valve covers with eight bolts. Also Cleveland has the thermostat housing on the front of the engine and the Windsor has it on the intake.