Parenting and Children
Home-Based Businesses
Online Jobs

How do you find out if there are group or residential homes in your area for parentless or disabled children for which you can volunteer to work?

User Avatar
Wiki User
March 05, 2007 8:24PM

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED in finding a group home in your area, I would start with the phonebook. Look near the center of the book where they list state, government and municiple departments. I would try calling The Dept. of Social Services or whatever agency handles handicapped and learning disabled children and adults in your community. Try contacting the agency that deals with children, such as The Department Of Children and Families, or Child Protective Services, or whatever it is called in your area. Do some investigating and you should find what you are looking for. Hope this helps......