Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2009-08-08 19:24:31

Call your insurance company and ask them for the forms you need or what the procedure is to add a child to your coverage.


Your Answer

Related Questions

If you add the child as a driver on the policy.

Absolutely; a step child is legitimately a member of a family and can be insured, or can be the beneficary of a family insurance policy, just like a biological child.

Not necessary- you only add/exclude drivers

There is no legal relationship between you and your domestic partner's child unless and until you have obtained a second-parent adoption that makes you the legal parent of the child.

Can I add my monthly health insurance payment from my employer to my medical deductions, such as medications prescribed, office visits, etc..

Yes, but he should get the order modified to reflect this. But, this depends on state laws. In Missouri, he's required to carry the insurance, on top of his payment, so it would not affect it.

This is a question best answered by your insurance agent or a call to your insurance company's 800 customer service phoneline.A bit more:Unless the insurance regulations have changed since I was a licensed auto and homeowners insurance agent: If your child is of legal adult age and not living with you, then no, you don't add him to your policy. Actually, many insurance companies wouldn't allow you to include an adult child (or any other adult) who does not live with you to your auto insurance policy.

When you get married, and either spouse has children, those children can be added to the policy. If you have a family plan, step children can also be added to a medical insurance policy.

This can vary between companies due to different underwriting requirements. If you are considering adding the newborn to your current medical insurance policy, and want the child covered from date of birth, you should act quickly after the child is born or adopted as some plans have a limited time within which to add the child. For example, you may have a window of thirty to sixty days from date of birth in which to add the child without regard to any preexisting conditions. If you add the child within that period, coverage may even be retroactive to the child's date of birth. Call the customer service number on the back of your medical insurance card, or consult with the agent through whom you bought the policy for guidance. If the coverage is connected to your employment, the Human Resources/Benefits department would be a good starting point.

just went through depends on the age of the child...but mostly~Yes, you can.

No, they can get their own car and insurance.But if you want them to drive your car, yes they must be added as an additional driver.

If it is Life Insurance, you can select any person you want as beneficiary. If it is Health Insurance, you can add a spouse and/or dependents. This will change your premium so you need to contact your Insurance Company for forms and approval.

It depends if it's part of your coverage. Review your policy to find out. If there is no dental coverage, ask your insurance provider or broker if you can add a dental plan to your policy or add a dental rider.

Humana is a medical insurance company. Supplemental insurance refers to add ons to an existing policy. Supplemental insurance can cover deductibles, co-pays and other expenses not covered by a policy.

Unfortunately, Yes. Call the company or your agent and see what you can do to add the child now.

I doubt it. He/she is probably no longer in your household, which is generally the boundary of your policy.

Yes only if you were previously insured with another company and lost your insurance or it is his companies renewal period , usually once a year.

Your child will need to be added to your insurance the day that they get a license and begin driving. If you already have a policy, your representative can quickly add them to your policy. You will need to decide which family cars the child will drive and stick to that.

You can get international travel insurance for only the period of time you will be out of the country. Depending on the amount of days/months you will travel, it may be very affordable to add this type of insurance. A comprehensive travel insurance policy will provide for medical expenses while you travel, and will also offer protection for trip cancellation in certain conditions, as well as lost luggage reimbursement.

As long as you are a legal guardian then he should be able to be added.

As long as your child does not have a vehicle with them ever when at school the many insurance companies allow for a large discount due to the fact that the child is not a regular driver. They are still a member of your household and should be on your policy in case they drive when at home or may drive when at home.

yes ,you can add driver's name in your insurance policy.

Its probably not a law that you have to your child to an insurance policy but it may be part of the contract between the insured (yourself) and the insurance company. The application and policy make up a legal contract for your auto insurance. In this contract you agree to notify the insurance company of any and all drivers and household members and you agree to pay the premium. The insurance company agrees to pay claims for the coverage you purchased and to defend you in court should the need arise. The reason the insurance company wants to know about your child (all household members) is because if you are in an accident they need to know how many people from your household may be in the car so they can charge enough to cover the medical expenses of all insureds. Insurance companies are regulated state by state so your state may have different rules as to what the insurance company can require to sell you an insurance policy.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.