If it is necessary to remove the heater assembly, the cooling system must be drained before removing the heater core.
When a heater core leaks, a new heater core is installed or the old one repaired.
* The heater housing is usually under the dash and must be removed to gain access to the heater core.
* Procedures for replacing the heater core vary with the year, make, and model of the car It therefore necessary to consult the manufacturer's repair manuals for the proper procedure for replacement.
The heater housing is disassembled to get to the heater core.
* Remove the access panels(s) or the split heater/air conditioning case to gain acess to the heater core.
* Remove the heater coolant hoses.
* Remove the cable and/or vacuum control lines (if equipped).
* Remove the heater core securing brackets and/or clamps.
* Lift the core from the case. Do not use force. Take care not to damage the fins of the heater core when removing.
* To reinstall the heater core, reverse the removal steps.
When the heater core leaks and must be repaired or replaced, it is a very difficult and time-consuming job primarily because of the core's location deep within the firewall of the car. For this reason always leak test a replacement heater core before installation.
I have included a picture diagram above. Good luck.
kia sportage heater core at autozone is $ 93.99
need to find out how to install a heater core in a 99 kia sportage,never have installed one before Need to know wat to do under the dashboard....Need a Diagram if possible please.
Probably a leaking heater core.
replace heater core under dash passenger side
replace it. I have not had to replace one recently but 29.00 to 50.00 for heater core . Not including labor.
one of two things , #1, low on antifreeze or #2 , heater core plugged up.
are we sure it is smoke not hot anti-freeze mist leaking from heater core ? if it truly is smoke you have a shorted fan switch.
i net remove and intalation mi heater core kia sedona 2003
dont known the answer i ask the question
Battery Group Size 58 for: 2000 Kia Sportage, 2001 Kia Sportage, 1999 Kia Sportage
it is not hard ,but need model and year.
how to split the tranny from the engine
it has a dead raccoon stuck in it
Kia Sportage was created in 1995.
I do not have a Kia Sportage!
where is the thermosat on a 1999 kia sportage
Kia did not make a sportage in 2003
I think you mean the heater CORE! Just start pulling apart the right side of the dash! Take out the glove box and the fan etc! Take the hoses lose from under the hood! Good luck!
1993 to presentThe first generation (JA) Kia Sportage was produced from 1993 to 2004.The second generation (KM) Kia Sportage was produced from 2004 to 2010.The third generation (SL) Kia Sportage was produced from 2010 to 2015Production of the fourth generation Kia Sportage (QL) will commence 2016.
You may need to replace your Thermostat or your Heater Core.
where is the fuel filter on 2006 kia sportage
kia sportage knock sensor
how do u change thermostat in a 1997 kia sportage
what is the timing mark for 2002 kia sportage?