How do you install a windshield on a 1970 Chevelle?
To install the windshield, im assuming you have the glass
1. Remove the rubber around the pinchweld
2. put the rubber around the new glass
3. get a rope
4. put the rope all round the rubber in the inner lip
5. Spray some lube spray all around the rubber (oil works
6. Carry the glass to the vechile and line it up
7. go inside the car and pull the rope
8. When your pulling the rope you will start to see the lip on
the rubber gasket over laping the pinchweld.
9. Tap the glass with your hand using all five finger (not your
That all to it.
I'm on my 7th 1970 Chevelle and I have never seen one with a
pinchweld gasket, ever.... Remove the old one with a guitar string
or whatever, kill the rust, and 100% silicone in the new one.
And that's not all there is to it...... please have the
appropriate tool to remove the chrome molding or you WILL ruin