"1. Relieve the fuel system pressure (see chapter 4). Disconnect the cable from the negative terminal of the battery. *** Note - at this point there is a warning about the antitheft capability being disrupted if the lockout feature is not turned off before disconnecting the battery.
2. Raise the vehicle and support it securely on jackstands.
3. The fuel filter is mounted on the floor pan just in front of the fuel tank (see illustration [see comment below marked "#1"] ).
4. Use compressed air or carburetor cleaner to clean any dirt surrounding the fuel inlet and outlet line fittings.
5. Once all the dirt has been removed, twist the two lines a quarter-turn in opposite directions to loosen the fitting. Depress the white plastic quick-disconnect tabs and detach the inlet line from the fuel filter (see illustration [see comment below marked "#2"] ). Note: Have spare rags or a small container to catch or wipe up extra gasoline that will spill from the filter assembly.
6. Use an open end wrench to steady the outlet side of the filter and a flare nut wrench to unscrew the fuel line nut, then separate the outlet line from the filter while noting the installed position of the O-ring. Using a flare nut wrench will help to avoid rounding the corners off of the fuel line nut.
7. Detach the fuel filter mounting bracket bolt and remove the fuel filter.
8. Installation is the reverse of removal. Note: Be sure to install a new O-ring on the outlet line before reassembling."
hopefully this helps a bit. if you don't know how to depressurize your system post and I'll try to keep an eye open for it. good luck and be safe.
1996 2.4L Pontiac Grand AmWhat year, engine, model?
i have a 1979 grand prix and my fuel filter is located in my carberator so that should be a good place to look.
i believe that the fuel filter is in front of the gas tank .which is kinda hard to get at
thanks to our friends at www.AUTOZONE.com go to the link on the right of the page
The transmission filter will be located inside the transmission. Their is no need to replace it if you flush it. A flush will clean everything and rinse the filter
autozone.com has online manuals that give step by step how to
the fuel filter on a 2001 grand Am is behind the gas tank.
What year is the car and what engine does it have?
The 1991 Pontiac Grand Prix oxygen sensor is located on the outside of the air filter housing. You will find the sensor on the back side of the air filter housing.
how do i chanfe the fule filter on a 99 Pontiac grand am
where is the fuel filter on 1996 Pontiac grand am and how to fix it.
Were is the fuel filter on a 96'pontiac grand am