The headlight switch instrument panel illumination bulb can be accessed / replaced without removing the dash (on an 01' & possibly other) Explorers, though it is a bit tricky. The bulb is seated in the switch itself, and is removed with a quarter turn counter clockwise. You'll need a small slot screwdriver with a narrow blade (or similar item) to do this. To get to the bulb, you'll need to pull off the fuse panel access door and remove the three (3) screws holding the fuse block. You'll also need to remove the plastic trim panel under the steering wheel, including the hood latch (7mm socket). Underneath that is a metal, wiring cover plate, which also must be removed (9mm socket). Once all are out of the way you can get behind the switch and using a small screwdriver, remove the old bulb and replace. It appears all other instrument panel lights have to be accessed via complete removal of the dash.
If the lights behind your gas gage, mph gage, or etc. are not working, you will have to remove the panels below and above your steering wheel. I'm unsure of the bulb size, but you can go to the auto parts store and tell them what you need and they should give you the correct build. There's 6 total, and i replaced all 6 when i replaced mine because they are so complicated to get to.
1. remove the panel which holds your CD player and heat/air controls. Remove the controls on your heat/air by just pulling them off. Remove the two screws directly above the controls. Pull out on the entire panel and it will snap off.
2. Remove the panel below your steering wheel by taking two screws at the very bottom of the panel out. Pull the panel out and it will snap off.
3. Remove the metal plate behind the panel you just removed by taking the 5 bolts out in the plate.
4. Remove the panel which contains your dimmer and lights on/off switch by removing the 3 screws underneath the dash. Look and the glass panel then look up, you'll see the 3 screws. Pull out on the panel and it will release.
5. Remove the whole instrument panel by taking the 4 bolts out in each of the 4 corners. The instrument panel will come out.
6. Look on the back of the panel. There will be a circuit board. There will be six black bulb holders which will snap out of the circuit board. Twist the black bulb holders counter clockwise about 1/4 turn and they will snap out. The new bulbs will fit in the place of the old bulbs. Put the black bulb holder back in the circuit board and turn clockwise 1/4 turn.
7. Replace all of the panels just like you took them off.
No, you cannot replace a faulty Ford Sport Trac cluster with a cluster from the 2005 Explorer.
is that even a full question?
Yes any tail lights/head lights, pretty much everything but doors will fit on both ford explorer sports and 4dr explorers between the years 1998 and 2001
take the three or 4 Phillips screws out of the taillight, remove the light assembly and replace the bulb......all with the tailgate up of course.....
In a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac : In the Power Distribution Box ( which is " live " ) located in the engine compartment , on the drivers side of the engine compartment ( mini fuse # 29 is a 15 amp fuse for the fog lights )
That's a job for a professional, if it's not done properly a person can get injured.
The fuse for your 2002 Ford Explorer Sport is similar to that of the 2001 Ford Explorer Sport.
According to the 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owner Guide : ( the head lights take bulb # 9007 )
Ok, I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport (not a trac, but I believe most of the electrical system is similar). My lights went off when I turned the switch that is toward the bottom of the rear view mirror all the way to the left.
take it to a mechanic I dont wanna "break lights"
Check in the center stack of the dash , just to the right of the radio I believe there is a push button to turn the fog lights on and off
ford will do it because there is a recall on this item
The button is to the right of the stereo head unit
A Ford Explorer Sport is a 2 door model, while the Explorer Sport Trac is a 4 door model with a small pickup bed.
Yes , there was a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport ( 2 door )
Ford Explorer Sport Trac was created in 2000.
You don't try to unclog it you just replace it with a new one.
where is the draig plug on a 2000 explorer sport
where is the factory amp in a 1998 2dr ford explorer sport
how do you replace a left door handle 2002 sport trac ford
No playing an instrument is not considered a sport.
The dash light fuses for a 1995 Ford Explorer Sport 4x4 are located in the fuse box on the driver's side. Open the driver's door to access the cover for the fuse box. Look for a fuse labeled instrument panel.
The last model year for the Ford Explorer Sport Trac was ( 2010 )
( 16.8 gallons ) in the 2003 Ford Explorer Sport
The height for that 2001 Ford Explorer Sport is 68.2 inches.