2. Drain coolant...if new save and reuse. If not replace it with premix 50/50 antifreeze. You can mix your own but for convienence use the 50/50.
3. Remove air cleaner (if located in the way), and remove Radiator overflow tank.
4. Remove serpentine belt and tensioner...(rotate tensioner counter clockwise to release belt tension (write down routing of belt before removing)and remove the belt fromthe auxillary components and slowly release the tensioner. On 3.1 and 3.4L engines remove tensioner retaining bolt and detach tensioner assembly from the engine.
5. Remove alternator and its brackets (AC compressor if necessary)
6. Remove small belt guard just above water pump (on 3.1L)
7. Remove water pump mounting bolts (around the perimeter of the pump- approximately 5 of them) and remove the pump. If it is stuck tap with a SOFT-face hammer GENTLY!!!
8. clean fastener threads and any threaded holes in the engine to remove corrosion and sealant. Remove any residual gasket material left on block.
Use Lacquer thinner or acetone to clean the engine and water pump surfaces that will come into contact with each other.
Apply NEW gasket if not attached to H2O pump
Installation is:1. Attach pump and gasket to eng block and start the bolts finger tight Tighten in 1/4 turn increments to torque Torque for 3.1 and 3.4L is 89 in-lbs....THIS IS NOT VERY HARD!!! TIGHTEN WITH SOCKET AND RACHET TILL 1/2 TURN PAST TIGHT!!!!!
2. reinstall all parts you took off to get to this darn thing.
This project is best done with at least two friends and a whole lot of your choice of alcoholic beverage. Have Fun!!
Where is the water pump on a 1995 olds cutlass supreme?"
water pump has some (2) pins into the block...it needs to be pryed stright off.
Take the inside door panel off and the water deflector paper and you will be able to see the window motor.
It varies by engine.
On the front of the engine.
Low coolant? Cooling fan not working? Water pump not circulating water? System airbound? Radiator plugged or restricted? Thermostat not fully opening?
The 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sierra thermostat is located on the front of the engine. You can follow the water supply line from the radiator to the thermostat housing.
maybe this will help,,, i just replaced the water pump,heater core,thermostat,battery,alternater on my Oldsmobile and found this site to be very helpful even has pictures AutoMedia.com maybe you can find your answer there good luck
I put a 1972 350 old's engine in my 1984 cutlass supreme. It had a 307 and the swap went smooth. It bolted rite up to the turbo 350 transmission also. The engines have the same block so the weight difference was no problem. My cutlass is for sale if you know anyone that is interested. My #573-692-3558 The motor has 20,000 miles on a complete rebuild. Water pump, alternator, carburetor, distributor all new with the rebuild!
Around 180 to 190 degrees fahrenheit.
remove and replace water pump in 1997 Oldsmobile aurora
bum willy bum
Follow the top radiator hose down to the water outlet on the engine; the stat is in there.
Hose leaking Water pump leaking
Well. Go To Autozone.com and use there technical guides and find th year make and model of your car and it will tell you. Or just take it to a mechanic to do it. Well. Go To Autozone.com and use there technical guides and find th year make and model of your car and it will tell you. Or just take it to a mechanic to do it.
Follow the top radiator hose down to the water outlet on engine. The stat is in there.
The water pump on this model is located on the top of the engine to the side with the serpentine belt. Its pulley will be the one with the smooth wheel
It is located in the water outlet which is attached to the bottom end of the top radiator hose. Mark
nope, bad head gasket..
lower the engine from the car
Drain the radiator. Remove the water pump belt. Take off the fan shroud, then the unbolt the fan. Unbolt the water pump and remove. use new gaskets and gasket sealer to install the new pump.
No water in the radiator
It depends on what engine you have. They are all on the front of the engine some are under the timing cover. Get a manual on your car from the parts store.
is it hard to replace a waterpump out of a oldsmobile aurora 95