It's actually not a hard job to do on these motors (2200 4 cylinder)
1. with the serpentine belt still in place take a wrench and break loose the 3 bolts holding the pulley on the water pump.
2. remove the serpentine belt by relieving the tensioner pulley. ( just takes a standard ratchet)
3. remove the alternator, there are three bolts holding the alternator in place,
two on the side that the belt is on (one on top of the alternator and one under it) and one on the lower back side of it under a bracket, then just move it out of your way (you dont even have to disconnect it).
4. remove the 3 bolts on the water pump pulley, remove the pulley.
5. break loose the 4 bolts holding the water pump to the motor, unthread them alittle to let the old coolent drain out of the motor past the pump, them remove the pump.
6. remove all the old gasket from the motor surface, use the new gasket that comes with the new pump and apply RTV to both sides of the new gasket.
7. install the new water pump by reversing the steps for removal, fill the car back up to spec with Dex-a-cool, you may wanna drive it around the block after filling to get the air out of the system, then recheck the coolant level.
then you are done!
What is the cost to replace a watrr pump on a 97chevy cavalier
How do you replace timing chain & water pump on a2001 Chevrolet cavalier
Remove the water supply hose from your 1988 Chevy Cavalier thermostat housing. Remove the thermostat housing bolts. Lift the old thermostat out and drop in the new thermostat.
Drain the water from your 1989 Chevy Cavalier cooling system. Remove the water return hose from the water pump. Remove the water pump belt. Remove the water pump retaining bolts. Reverse the process to install the new water pump.
I got an estimate today at Car-X. $220.00.
What do I need to do if my 1999 chevy cavailer has water in the oil?
Remove the water supply hose from the top of your 2005 Chevy Cavalier thermostat housing. Remove the thermostat housing retaining bolts. Lift the old thermostat out and drop in the new thermostat.
If you have a 2.2 liter 4 cylinder, the water pump is under the alternator on the passenger side and below the serpentine belt tensioner.
Which engine does your 1982 Chevy Celebrity have? Is it the 2.5L 4 cylinder or the 2.8L V6? They are very different.
You need to spend $15 and purchase a repair manual, at most auto parts stores.
The water pump on a 97 Chevy Malibu 4 cylinder is replaced by removing the engine accessories, drive belt, and radiator hoses. The pump can then be unbolted, removed, and a new pump installed.
why does my 2002 chevy cavalier over heat after i change the thermostat and the water pump
Replace water pump for an 1986 Chevy Nova?
Because your fail
It is on the front of the engine.
It is behind the timing belt cover and is driven by the timing belt. There are various arrangements according to which engine is fitted.
Where is the Water Pump located and how do you replace it on a 1990 Chevy Corsica?
To replace the thermostat on a 91 Cavalier you need to drain the radiator. Remove the top radiator hose and water inlet. Remove the thermostat from under the inlet. Install the new thermostat and reinstall the inlet and hose. Fill the radiator with fresh antifreeze.
one near the water inlet
on the water pump
do not have a clue!!!!good luck though. i need the same answer only for a 1999 metro:(
the water pump is in with the timing chain, and is very hard to get to. If you will look under your exuast manifold you will see it to change it you have to your manifold off,altinator,belts, balancer,exc just have someone do it
GO TO YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY AND COPY MANUEL