How should your ex-husband go about giving up custody so your current husband can adopt your son?

User Avatar
Wiki User
September 05, 2006 11:44PM

If all are in agreement then contracts are signed through a

lawyer. You want to be sure everything is done on the legal side.

Good luck Marcy * In the US the parent who is relinquishing their

rights must file a Termination of Parental Rights petition in the

appropriate state court (usually probate) in the county where they

reside. The court then rules whether or not the petition will be

accepted or denied. In cases where rights are being relinquished

for the child or children to be eligible for adoption the court

generally grants the request.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.