Step by step:
1. remove the piece that goes directly on top of the steering column.. this is held by clips, no screws
2. remove the one screw that holds the dash piece that goes BELOW the steering column.. this can now drop down by pulling it - the rest is clips.
3. remove the 3 screws that are visible that hold the dash piece that goes ABOVE the instrument panel. that piece is NOT ready to be pulled off yet!!
4. begin to carefully pull that dash piece that goes ABOVE the instrument panel out until you can access a spot where the headlight switch is coming out with the panel - there will be a plastic piece that you need to push in that acts like a clip - then the headlight switch can be removed and you will see the final screw that holds the panel in place - remove that screw.
5. once you have removed the above, you can access the 4 screws that hold the instrument panel in place - remove them.
6. carefully pull the instrument panel out. if you want to completely remove the instrument panel for easier access to the lights, you will need to first remove the transmission indicator ( P N D 2 1).. this can be achieved by looking along each side of it for the clips, pushing them in and sliding the piece down off the instrument panel.
7. pull the instrument panel outwards until you can access the wire harnesses.. push the clip in and pull them out (there are 3 harnesses for the instrument panel).
8. the instrument panel can now be completely removed and you will need to flip it over to see the back of the panel. the small white plastic pieces are all labeled on the PC board - Ford even throws in some extra free bulbs if you don't have 4x4 (they install the bulbs the indicate your 4x4 status even if it will leave the factory without 4x4!).. the larger black ones are for the backlighting for the gauges - these must all be turned counter-clockwise to remove and clockwise to put back in.. they can be tough to get out and pliers can aid in turning them to remove.
9. follow the instructions in reverse to reassemble.
remove dashboard and replace 2 bulbs behind it
How do you change the light bulbs in the instrument panel in 1998 Toyota corolla
there are many light bulbs on the Honda accord.. what light bulb?
The hazard and blinker lights are located behind the dashboard tray. To fix the fuse, you unfortunately had to take the dashboard out.
The cast of Light Bulbs for Leaders - 1998 includes: Rick Herod as Sales Rep Grey Palmer as Narrator
There are a variety of warning lights on the dashboard of a 1998 BMW 528i. The light with an exclamation point is the drive off assistant light and also can indicate a problem with the traction control.
Check engine light is out
Change the tail light bulbs and check your fuses. If that doesn't work you may have a wiring problem.
Remove 2 screws that hold lens on, remove lens, then you should be able to change bulbs without any problems
I had to take the dash panel down to get to the bulbs. It's pretty straigt forward takiking the dash down or if you can look in a chiltons manual it shows the steps.
You get under the running boards right under the lights. there is a little plastic housing. pull this housing down and change light bulb is that easy.
You can't change the speaker it will always be a somewhat feminine male voice!!!
The tail light bulbs are accessible from underneath the back of the truck, up inside the rear of the pickup box.
There is a plastic pen that looks like a screw that must be pulled out beside the light. Then the entire assy. hinges down
The 1998 Nissan brake light switch is located below the dashboard, on the drivers side of the engine compartment. The brake light switch simply plugs in and out.
you can have a complete walkthrough how to with photos on http://www.vvoc.com
To change the gauge lights on a 1998 Ford Taurus SE, the dash cover has to be removed to access the burned out bulbs. There are screws and clips holding the dash cover on.
If it is the same as my 1998 golf, there are two clips towards the top that you pinch together and the whole thing comes out with all of the bulbs attached to it.
Take a small screwdriver, gently pry the cover off. Slight downward pressure will remove the old bulb.
how do you change ash tray light bulb in a 1998 GMC Sierra 1500
Are you sure they are burnt out?? A 1998 model year vehicle is much too young to have theat many burned out bulbs. There is something else that is causing this problem.
Have you checked the fuse block, for a blown fuse.
Open trunk and pull carpeting back from the rear lights and you will see wing nuts, take the wing nuts off and pull the complete light assembly out to change the bulbs.
how to change a rear break light on a 1998 nissan frontier four cylinder?
The 1998 Chevrolet Blazer dashboard speakers measure four inches by three inches. There is a dashboard speaker on each side of the dashboard.