How to get a court order for return of property?

You will need to file a lawsuit requesting an injunctive relief. For that, it is strongly recommended that you have an attorney represent you.

It will cost a lot less if you sue the person for the value of the property in small claims court. In small claims, you don't need an attorney (in fact, they are not allowed). See the below link.