Auto Loans and Financing

How would you go about suing someone if they failed to pay for a car in your name and it was repossessed?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2015-07-15 19:13:38
2015-07-15 19:13:38

Call a local attorney and ask. I am sure sure you will get an O'pinion based on your states laws.

If the car is in your name then you are ultimately responsible for the payment. You want to sue someone because of your own stupidity?

The above answer is brusque but accurate. If the car is in your name, you're responsible. You may have some standing for a lawsuit if you have a written and signed contract between yourself and the person paying for the car, but as long as your name is on the title, they come after you.


Related Questions

User Avatar

Why would someone be going to the park if they were suing them for something.....?? I rephrased the question.

User Avatar

One example of civil case would be suing someone in a car accident. Another would be suing a doctor for malpractice.

User Avatar

I believe you would owe the difference. If you owed 10,000 on the vehicle and it was repossessed and someone else bought it for 8,000 you would owe 2,000.

User Avatar

In a homestead equity lawsuit they would be suing for the monetary equity that has accumulated on a home, and payout.

User Avatar

yes, and it will vary state to state. I would contact a local lawyer and ask them.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.