Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2006-05-10 18:31:10

Nope, a homeowners policy does not cover the home owner.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

Unless you've totally paid off your house, mortgage companies will generally require you to have a homeowners policy.

No. The injured party cannot be a household member. It does not matter if they are not listed on the policy.

No. your nanny is not a named insured on your home insurance policy.

Homeowner insurance claims are paid to the policy holder, in a condo and the damages are being reimbursed by the association the deed and title holder gets the refund

Most homeowner insurance will cover for public liability but you need to read your policy.

One of the most overlooked aspects of owning a home is getting a good homeowner insurance policy. A good policy is essential as it will protect you and your assets in the event that your home is damaged, vandalized, or robbed. In fact, it is so important, that most banks require their borrowers to have a good homeowner insurance policy. When putting your homeowner insurance policy together, there are several factors that you should consider. When you choose a new homeowner insurance policy, one factor that you must consider is the location of your home and the natural threats that come along with your location. Regardless of where your home is located, you are likely in an area that has at least some threat of natural disaster. Whether this threat is a tornado, hurricane, earthquake, or flood, you need to ensure that your homeowner insurance policy provides you protection against it. If your policy will not cover it, then you will need to take out a special policy to cover against the natural disaster. As you choose a homeowner insurance policy, you also need to consider your personal assets that the plan will need to cover in the event of casualty, theft, or damage. When you fill out an application, you will estimate how much your personal items are worth, and from there you will receive a certain level of coverage, which will be used to cover the replacement cost of your items. However, this may not cover certain expensive items. If you have valuable personal items, such as expensive jewelry or art, you may need to have a separate rider policy to cover those items. When choosing an insurance company for your new homeowner insurance coverage, you should consider using the same company that you use for another insurance service. Most insurance companies provide their customers with the chance to take advantage of multi-policy discounts. With a multi-policy discount, you can save a lot of money if combine your homeowner policy with another insurance policy, such as your auto insurance policy.

Not all homeowner policies cover against theft. The most basic homeowner policy will only cover against fire, wind and hail. If your Home Insurance Policy includes burglary then you should have no problem with coverage up to the specified limits. If the theft was by a household member then it is most likely not covered.

Cancel the forced insurance policy and add terms and conditions to your homeowner policy.

Yes it is possible that you could have some taxable income when you receive a reimbursement from your homeowner insurance policy.

Generally when a covered loss occurs

Any building property policy such as a homeowner policy or commercial property policy will cover fire damage.

Depends on the policy of the individual surgery.

The insured's are those specifically named on the insurance policy, Typically the homeowner(s) and dependent children would be construed as the insured's as well as listed lien or mortgage holders. Anyone not named would not be insured

Depends on the policy. You need to look under Perils Insured Against in your policy.

Don't you think you should look at your policy?=In general HELL NO THEY ARE NOT COVERED=

No. there is no such thing as a retroactive homeowners insurance policy.

You can always call your insurance agent and they can order you a new copy of the insurance policy. You might also be able to print the policy from the website.

yes. They can consider the house uninsurable and cancel your policy unless you get it up to code.

The 72-hour clause in an engineering insurance policy is an advantage to the homeowner and not a disadvantage.

A homeowners Dwelling Policy (DP) can be purchased with or without replacement cost valuation. It just depends on what coverage you purchased when you bought your policy.

Yes, it happens all the time. The homeowner can cancel the policy at any time or the company might cancel for various reasons outlined in the policy (insurance contract) you signed. Either party, the insured, or the company, could cancel the policy, However if it is a choice of the homeowner, it would be best to maintain the policy as is untill the claim is resolved. You want to remember that once you cancel your policy. You will no longer have an agent in that company to advocate on your behalf.

No, but the roomer/boarder has no coverage under your policy.

No. You will have to cancel you policy and the new owner will have to apply for a new policy. The homeowner's policy is partly based on the home and partly on the person so the new owner will be underwritten as well as the property.

Any and All changes or alterations of coverage would require an endorsement to the policy.

The traditional way is to ask them. Be aware though thattenant property is covered by a tenants policy, Not by the property owners policy.

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.