Best Answer

To obtain a passport or visa for a minor the attending parent must provide proof of sole custody by means of a court order or a notarized affidavit from the absent parent allowing the child to leave the U.S. In most cases the parent who is not present will be contacted before a passport or visa is issued. "Travel...Passports for U.S. Citizens."

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2008-09-30 14:14:06
This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +5 pts
Q: If all the children and the parents are US citizens and can one of the parent move overseas with the children?
Write your answer...

Related Questions

How Do You Know What Nationally You are?

Nationality should be an easy concept - it is the country of your birth, so long as your parents are legal citizens of that country.Things get more complex when the parents are not legally citizens of the country their child is born in (this has happened in the cases of children born to a parent serving overseas in the armed forces, for example). Illegal immigrants can not claim nationality in a country they should not be residing in; children born to parents who are overseas on holiday can also present problems.

Can your children stay with their aunt while you are overseas if it doesn't effect the other parents visitation?

That depends on the custody orders and the first right of refusal. Why can't they stay with the other parent?

What are examples of nominative address of noun in a sentence?

Respect and obey your parent,children,parents, love your children.. -children,parent are the nominative-

Why do children resemble their parent?

Children ALWAYS take their parents as a rolemodel in when growing up, and they just let go of their rolemodel parent and grow with that parents personality.

Why are children that are born in the US aautomatically American citizens even if the parents are illegal?

In freedom charter, citizenship is identified through birth. Whether parent are immigrates or not it does not matter.

What is the role of parents and children in the family?

family parent spouse children etc

Who is your closest blood relative?

Your child if you have children. If you have no children, then it's your parent. If there are no children or parents, then its your siblings.

How many parents actually have children?

that don't make many PARENTS actually have kids?um,all of them duh? Answer: This is a matter of semantics. A parent a is a person who is in charge of the raising of a child. A parent is also the (female) person who physically grows the child in her body - generally called the birth parent. A parent is also the other partner who contributes the genetic material to the child (egg or sperm) either through direct action or donation (genetic parent). Therefore: * All parents (child raisers) have children * Many parents are both birth parents and child raisers and have children * Some parents are birth parents (have children) but not child raisers (children given to adoption) and have no children (to raise)* Some parents are birth parents but have no genetic tie to the children and do not participate on raising the children (surrogate mothers) * Some parents are genetic material donors (egg and sperm donors) but never participate in the child raising

The effects of overseas work of parents on their children?

Overseas work alienates the parents from their children. No matter how much the parent tries to reason that their distance and separation is for the good of the family, it is the PARENTS who have given this reason to THEMSELVES in order not to feel guilty over the fact that they have chosen monetary value over family. Absentee parenting leads to A LOT and not all DRUG ADDICTION, TEENAGE PREGNANCIES and GANGs. What a high price to pay for something which could have been eluded in the first place

What are the some example of nominative of address?

Respect and obey your parent,children,parents love to your children.

What is wrong with marrying single parent children?

whats wrong with marrying of children with their single parents

Does a step parent have visitation rights if the parent they are married to is away?

No, step parents have no legal right to the children so it's entirely up to the parents.

Why are there parent teacher conferences?

So that parents can have a hand in the education of their children

How much do parents influence their children?

Parents are the biggest influence on a child. The parent that the child is with the most, the child will act like them the most. When a parent does something mean or rude or they cuss then the child thinks its okay to do that, which its not. The child is with there parents the most, therefore the parents have a huge influence on their children

Is there parent abuse from children?

Yes there are children, usually teens, who abuse their parents both verbally and physically.

How long can parents leave their children with grandparents before the children are considered abandoned by the parents?

I would say that if a parent has to ask this question, they have already in some way abandoned their children.

What is plural for the child's parent?

The plural form of the noun child is children.The plural possessive form is the children's parent.The plural form of the noun parent is parents.The plural possessive form is child's parents.

Why is not right for parents to bite their children?

Parents are role models for their children and in doing so they teach their child the proper behaviors. To bite another person is NOT good behavior so if a parent does this they are teaching their child something wrong. Children will do/say what the parent does and the parent doing something wrong isn't good parenting.

Are parents who drink or on drugs more abusive to their children than parents who are depressed?

My opinion on the matter is that parents shouldn't be abusing their children anyway, but i think that parents that are drunks or druggies abuse their children more than a parent who is stressed or depressed.

Why shouldn't children divorce their parent?

Children, not even teens, should not divorce their parents in any way, unless their parents are abusing them in an unappropriate way. Hopefully your parent does not... Children and teens should not divorce their parents because only their parents have a full wage, and know how to control business matters. Think before you do! =D Hope this helps.................................

Why do adult children void parent?

adult children's avoid parents because of the mostly parents interface there lives

Can a 14-year-old divorce his or her parents in Texas?

i have seen children divorcing there parent but for the other parent

What is parent offspring?

I think that parent offspring are the children of the parents. I think that it is this. If anyone has a better answer, please feel free to add to it.

What should you do if you want to live with your grandma but your mom won't let you?

Children live with their parent or parents. Your parent has the final say.

Who is more challenged by divorce children or parents?

Children are more challenge by divorce parent can take it but children cant some times