Medical Insurance
Retirement Planning
Medicare and Medicaid

If you are on medicare disability can you also receive medicaid?

Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2009-09-14 19:49:26

You may receive Medicaid and Medicare disability at the same time if you meet eligibility factors, principally citizenship and limited income/assets.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

Generally, 65; however, persons who receive disability Social Security benefits may also be eligible for Medicare.

Medicaid is the payor of last resort. Therefore, bill Medicare first. Bill Medicaid for any expenses Medicare didn't cover.

Medicare is administered by The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, also known as CMS.

try the medicaid-medicare office in your area. another place might be the unemployment office which in usually in the also in the state employment office.

Undocumented aliens can get Medicaid for emergency treatment. Also, some noncitizens who were admitted as refugees or similar category can get Medicaid. Noncitizens who have 40 calendar quarters of legal employment in the US can get Medicare.

To be eligible for Medicare under the age of 65 you need to be disabled for a consecutive 24 months. On the 25 month of disability you will get Medicare Part A and be eligible to enroll in Part B. At any age, if you are diagnosed with ESRD (end stage renal disease) you will receive Medicare benefits. At any age, if you are diagnised with Lou Gehrig's disease you will receive Medicare benefits.

They should get paid diabilities from our government. Medicare requires that the disabled individual or her/his parent have 40 quarters of earnings credit. In this case, the individual might also be eligible for Supplemental Security Income and Medicaid.

Depends on which program you're refering to. If you're referring to retirement or Social Security Disability benefits, it's Medicare. There is also Medicaid for Supplemental Security Income recipients, a federal welfare type benefit, based on the same disability criteria as the Social Security Disability benefit program.

There are 2 types of medical financial aid: Medicare- funded by the federal government for people who are 65 or older. Some people who are younger and who are disabled may also qualify for Medicare. The other type if medical financial aid is Medicaid. Medicaid is also funded by the federal government and is for low income people, as well as disabled people with low incomes. Disqualifications to this would be if your diagnosis of disability or income changes, also fraudulent reporting on the application can disqualify you. Some patients are only approved for a set amount and when that coverage is exhausted, the patient loses their financial aid funding from either Medicaid or Medicare.

Medicaid and Medicare may help cover some of the costs of your wheelchair if you qualify. However, there are also other programs that can help out with the cost. You can visit for more information.

The federal government. It is a federal program to insure retired Americans, or those on disability. Medicare.Gov You may also purchase a Supplement plan or Advantage plan from a Private Health Insurance company like Blue Cross Blue Shield to cover expenses that standard Medicare does not cover. Medicare is administered by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, which is part of the US Department of Health and Human Services.

Incontinence products are not covered by health insurance or Medicare. If the person is living in a nursing home then they are covered by Medicaid. Also check with your long term care policy as they might cover them.

CMS stands for Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. It also stands for Content Management System.

Medicare is the Government program that provides health insurance for people are over the age of retirement or who receive disability benefits from Social Security. A majority of these people also purchase what is called a Medicare Supplement Policy that pays the difference in what Medicare pays and what is actually billed to the person.

In general, 65; however, Medicare is also available to persons receiving disability Social Security benefits.

I was searching for the same question to be answered...the answer I found is...NYS will only cover the deductible that Medicare does not pay. In other words, I am assuming, unless you are also on Medicare, Medicaid does not pay for chiropractic care. It seems that it is just about the only state that does not.

If I am on Medicare can I get Medicaid also for extra help

Medicare is a federal health insurance program that pays some of the health care expenses for people who are 65 or older. It will also pay for health care for people who are eligible because of a disability or qualifying health condition. You can buy Medicare supplement insurance to help pay some of your health care costs that Medicare won't pay. Because it helps cover some of the "gaps" in Medicare coverage, Medicare supplement insurance is often called Medigap insurance. There is also another option under Part C of Medicare called Medicare Advantage plans. You are required to pay the premiums for both types of insurance and there may also be deductibles, co-payments and co-insurance. These payments can range anywhere from $0 to $7,000 per year depending on the plan. However, if your income and assets are below a certain level, you might be eligible for Medicaid. Medicaid is a state-administrated federal program that pays for health coverage for people with low incomes. If you qualify for Medicaid, the state will pay your Medicare premiums and out-of-pocket costs. Medicaid will also pay for some services not covered by Medicare. In many cases, if you receive Medicaid, you do not need Medicare supplement insurance. To learn more about the costs of individual plans available in your area, I suggest you meet with a licensed health insurance agent if you have someone that you know and trust. Not all agents can enroll you in all plans so you may have to sit down with a couple different agents to learn about all the plans out there. Another alternative is to contact your local State Area Agency on Aging. They have counselors available who can help you and it does not cost anything to meet with them. You can find your nearest agency at the related link below.

It will as soon as the child is born and you get them assigned a SS#. You may also be eligible for supplemental SSI if there is no one paying child support. Medicare will not insure the newborn. I suggest that you apply for Medicaid for the child - now - through the State of Texas.

No. You must be 65 years of age or older or you must have been receiving disability benefits for 24 months in order to be eligible for Medicare. Unless your wife is disabled, she can not join Medicare till age 65.

AnswerMedicare only gives individual coverage so whether or not you can get it has nothing to do with your husband. If you're 65 or disabled you can get it.

Yes. Medicare/Medicaid is provided based on income and family size, not on employment status. However, consider this: If this is truly an emerency treatment, she would be covered under EMTALA (Emergency Medical Treatment And Labor Act) and be able to receive the emergency stabilizing treatment necessray regardless of ability to pay. Also, the hospital will actually help you to fill out the Medicare/Medicaid paperwork themselves to (1) be a service to you, and (2) to try to get any payment they can. They will work with you, usually, especially if you get to a county or not-too-private hospital. Make sure wherever you choose to go accepts Medicare/medicaid though, a lot of places have stopped accepting it because of how little it actually pays.

In the USA when you have an stroke you qualify automatically for medicare and medicaid, once you have theses you choose for a specific health insurance company. You will need a referral from your doctor for specific services you might need, but you can also call medicare and medicaid directly and they provide some services themselves.

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.