Children and the Law
Child Support

If you are ordered to pay child support through the court are you able to change the amounts and pay directly to the other parent and still get credit for paying your obligation even if it is less?



User Avatar
Wiki User

No. The terms of the support order have to be met as designated by the court or the obligated parent can find themselves in serious legal difficulty, including but not limited to being cited for contempt of court for failure to obey a direct order of the court.