Best Answer

You are a big hearted person to buy and finance a car for your ex. Not smart but big hearted anyway. Why didnt you take the time to CYA with a repo clause?? Couldnt find a real contract to copy?? Anyway, you have 2 choices;BE big hearted AND smart and GIVE the EX the car. Best choice. Next time, get a real contract.NO. 2. Take the car, ex is broke(behind), cant fight you in court, kickem while they are down. yeah, you can repo the car. good Luck.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2015-07-16 18:06:49
This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +5 pts
Q: If you bought a car for an ex can you repo the vehicle that you am the lienholder of if the payments are 60 days behind?
Write your answer...

Related Questions

Is it legal for the dealership where you bought your car to list someone else as the owner?

Assuming you are referring to the Bill of Sale, then the purchaser(s) of the vehicle should be the ones named with the lender being the lienholder until the vehicle is paid for.

Your father died and had just bought a new vehicle what happens with this vehicle will the bank take it out of his estate?

The bank can repossess the car if payments are not made.

How do you know if your lender bought your mortgage as a bad debt?

Perhaps if they bought it after you defaulted or had a history of late or missed payments.Perhaps if they bought it after you defaulted or had a history of late or missed payments.Perhaps if they bought it after you defaulted or had a history of late or missed payments.Perhaps if they bought it after you defaulted or had a history of late or missed payments.

Can a company repossess your vehicle if your payments are up to date?

Not legally, but if you bought the car from Barney's backyard sales & mower repair, maybe.

How can you title a bankrupt car?

Cars don't go bankrupt - people, on the other hand, do - sometimes because of the car they bought. If you failed to make the payments on it, you have no right to the title - the lienholder does, as well as the right to repossess what is their property. So the short answer is that you don't.

Which term describes an alternative to car buying where monthly payments are paid for a specific period of time after which the vehicle is returned to the dealership or bought?

Car leasing

If you bought a car and the title and loan are in your name but you allowed a friend to take over and now the friend has stopped making payments can you take the vehicle back?

As long as the title and loan are in your name the car is yours. Any payments missed will effect your credit. Take the vehicle back, now.

If you bought a vehicle and you still owed money on it can you sell it to some one and have them take over the payments?

It is not a good idea. If that person does not make any payments then you are on the hook. The ownership can not be changed anyway, because it is listed as security under a registry.

You have been making payments on a vehicle for over 2 years vehicle and insurance is in parents name and they stole it what are your rights?

Not really enough information to answer the question. What was your age when you 'bought' the car? What is your age now? If under legal age - are you legally emancipated? Whose name was the vehicle titled in? Who was the vehicle registered to by the DMV? (????)

You have bought a used vehicle and discovered that it is not in good condition?

Bought a used vehicle but discovered that it is not in good condition, what should i do?

You bought a car with gmac through finance after one month you realized that you made a mistake as you could not afford to meet the monthly payments what should you do?

First see if you can get the vehicle financed for a longer period of time, thus lowering your payments. If you can not do that then call the finance company and see if they can help some other way. Last, you may have to give the vehicle back.

How long do you have to return a used vehicle that just bought today in south dakota?

If it is a used vehicle and the contract states that you bought it "as is", you can not return the vehicle. Unless you were somehow misled as to the deal, the vehicle, or the contract, and can prove it, you can not return the vehicle.

If you have an order to make mortgage payments in Lieu of childsupport What if you fall behind on the payments Is it contempt?

It may be. More importantly, do you want your child to be homeless? If you fall far enough behind on the mortgage payments the mortgage company could foreclose ... and then where would your child be? More likely, your state will go to your employer to garnish your wages for the payments to make sure you fulfill the arrearage and stay on time with future payments. Answer these questions for yourself: are your car payments on time? are your rent/mortgage payments on time? have you bought yourself any clothing in the past couple months? have you bought any gifts for others in the past couple months? have you gone out to eat in the past couple months? If your answer to any of these is YES, then tighten your belt, grow up, lose the self-indulgence and act like an adult ... a parent. Short of significant physical injury or illness beyond your control, you will face consequences.

Can you return a vehicle in 30 days?

You cannot return a vehicle. If you bought the used car "AS IS" with no warranty then you bought it as is, which means, exactly that, AS IS. If however you bought it with a warranty then the warranty may cover the repair.

What is the word for money paid monthly on a property bought?

A property that is bought by means of monthly payments is said to be paid by installments.

Can you return a used car to the dealership after 4 weeks No payments have been made?

No, the buyers remorse laws do not apply to the purchase of any vehicle new or used in any state. You bought the car and you own the car.

Can you return a car bought on a personal loan when you were told it was on finance?

Have the car voluntarily repossessed. Using this option means that you voluntarily return the car to the finance loan company if you are too far behind on your payments and can't recover. If you decide to return the car, the finance company may pick up the vehicle or it may require that you return the car to its location.

Can the co buyer of a car legally repossess the car from the buyer if the co buyer has made all payments?

More than likely no. You have a bad situation. You made the payments but the other party actually owns the vehicle. In other words you may have just bought this person a car. You need to talk to a lawyer.

How do you pay taxes on a vehicle bought from a private seller?

Collected by the State when you register the vehicle.

Can the parent take a vehicle that is in the child's name if he is seventeen if the parent bought the vehicle?


How long do you have to register your car in Virginia?

30 days if you are a new resident to the state. if you just purchased a new vehicle within VA there is no time limit so long as you have private property the vehicle can sit on with no plates on it. i'm not sure how it works if you bought a car out of state that doesn't already have a VA title, but assume it would be the same. obviously, if you have a lienholder it's going to be registered and insured immediately.

Can you trade in your car if you bought it two months ago and already had mechanical problems three times and you are temporarily unemployed and your husband has been making the payments?

You can trade the vehicle in - but you would probably not qualify for a loan by yourself with no income.

If a lender sues for arrearages which state laws apply when the car was bought in Minnesota and titled in Wisconsin?

They can repossess your vehicle at any time. As long as they're the lienholder on the title, it doesn't matter where the car is titled. * If a lender sues for arrearages and fees the laws of the state where the car was purchased apply, not the state in which the car is titled.

What if you bought a used xbox360 that was banned from xboxLIVE?

I am pretty sure that you can just delete any payments and just start the payments over and then you should get your LIVE

How long do you have to insure a vehicle if you bought it?

Find out yourself!