Asked in
Credit and Debit Cards
Debt Collection
Debt Consolidation

If you refuse to pay alleged small claims debt and leaving overseas and do not own any property in the US would the creditor be willing to take actions against you?


User Avatar
Wiki User
November 08, 2007 9:19AM

The first person was right who ever you owe money to can file criminal charges against you but they won't chase you out of the country. However, don't return to the states, they will arrest you soon as you go through customs. If you have debt and refuse to pay it the person you owe the money can file a criminal complaint against you and if your caught you'll goto jail.