Law & Legal Issues
Credit and Debit Cards
Income Garnishment

If your bank account was mistakenly levied for not filing tax papers properly and now there is a judgment on your account how do you remove it?

User Avatar
Wiki User
June 23, 2005 6:21PM

You need to get a copy that ALL TAXES have been paid from the IRS or if in Canada, Revenue Canada and take a copy of this document for the banking institution (but take in the original as well) to the banking institution and show them the proof. Sit there until they have completely absolved this mistake on your account.