Auto Loans and Financing
Personal Finance
Money Management

If your father refinances a car that was a gift to you is there a way to get your name on the loan agreement or title?

User Avatar
Wiki User
June 08, 2005 6:51PM

If you can't take over the car payments (not working or not

bringing in enough money) then you father is doing you a favor in

the first place. It's his money he is risking for you and most kids

don't get this chance to have a car without going out and working 1

or more jobs to pay for it. You can approach your father and ask if

your name can be on the loan payment or title and let him be the

best judge of that. What you could do if you are flexing your

muscles of independence is finding out when the loan payments are

due, and then giving your father the money to pay each months loan

payment. Otherwise, drive and enjoy! Marcy

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.