Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2010-09-04 21:13:13

No as he can't do that. Not even the courts have the authority to exempt the man from paying child support when Welfare is involved. The mother has no say or authority over the child support. She forfeited that right when signing up. She would have to first give up her claim to Welfare benefits before any action could be taken on child support.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

Child support is calculated based on income of the father (or mother in such a case). If the father is unemployed his child support will still be calculated based on whatever minimum wage is in your state. The only time this does not apply is when the father is on disability. Welfare shouldn't matter.

Any mother can go to court in the US to claim child support form the father for a child she is caring for. Babies are not born by spontaneous combustion. The father is as responsible for the child's welfare as is the mother. If the child is living with the father and custody given to the father, the mother is liable for child support, too.

Yes, until the order is overturned, and provided the mother is not on Welfare.

No, Welfare will file, plus the father can file an order, as he should. see link

Yes, if the father has more time with the child than the mother, she will owe him child support.

I am pretty sure it would be the mother's responsibility since she is the one who is getting welfare by fraud.

If you're in the US, no, a child cannot sue his parent for child support (payment for child support is not due to the child).

If they have establish residency in Mexico, California no longer has jurisdiction and it needs to be transferred.

Child support for the grandchild is the responsibility of the grandchilds father, not the grandchild. If the father is a minor, you can take his parents to court for support.

Yes, once she turns 18, or has no parental support. Check with your local welfare office for guidelines on who can apply for welfare.

Depends on specific states laws as they apply to child support and the welfare of the child. If the mother married a sex offender, should the father know?

If your father was given total custody of you and your brother then he could go to court to get you back. However, (and you would have to ask your mother this) if your mother and father have joint custody (such as you or your brother seeing your mother on spring break or other holidays) then child support would continue as was instructed by the courts. If your father had total custody and your mother never saw you, then she could file for partial child support. I know it's confusing, but simply put, if your father doesn't pay your mother child support she should see at least Child Welfare regarding this matter and your father should be paying her some child support regarding you. Good luck hon Marcy

Yes, if there was a court order in place requiring support and it was not suspended/terminated during the father's incarceration.

Never was he on government welfare. He did have to rely on the welfare of his mother's sisters and their husbands after his father and mother both died while he as a child.

No. A father cannot use a copy of the kids social security to get welfare benefit if the mother already got the assistance.

Yes. It is only fair that the mother has to pay child support. It is no different than if a woman and a man had separated and the mother was a single mother that he would have to pay child support. It is about the welfare of the children, not about who is taking care of the children.

If he's on SSD, than you can get the separate child benefit check. If on SSI, than there's no obligation. You go to welfare.

No. The mother gets the support for the baby not the boyfriend.

Doubtful. The child support is for the welfare of the child, not the mother. Check with your state child support office for specifics of the law in your state.

If the divorce ordered the father to pay support, he owes that support until/unless the order is modified.

Yes the father would still have to pay child support if he did not have custody of the child and the mother did not work.

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.