It doesn't matter, assuming the chlorine level in both pools is the same.
A salt water pool still uses chlorine, though it's generated from an inline chlorine generator that generated chlorine from the salt in the pool (which then gets converted back to salt after oxidizing ammonia). Salt water, by itself, is not sanitary -- consider the algae that grows in ocean water! You still need a sanitizer such as chlorine.
Generally, a salt pool may have a lower average chlorine level than a regular non-salt pool (since it's automatically maintained), but the level of salt (as answered on the FAQ with other questions) is very low and not harmful. The level of chlorine at 1 ppm in a typical pool is about 5 times the 0.2 ppm minimum amount used in chlorinated drinking water. There is debate about whether chlorine in drinking water causes cancer (or does so through chlorine gas during showers).
Obviously, your dog shouldn't drink from the pool right after shocking it with chlorine as the chlorine level will be exceptionally high (5-10 ppm). Also, if you add lots of other chemicals to your pool (enzymes, flocculant, algicide, sequestering agents), then they may have an unhealthy effect on your dog.
So, your dog is probably better off not drinking from the pool at all, though there may not be much problem if he does. Certainly the salt vs. regular chlorine pool doesn't matter. If you're the type of person who puts filtered water into your dog's water dish, then you should keep him away from the pool.
theres not enough.... -_- There is probably more chlorine in your drinking water than in your pool.
A salt water pool is a chlorine pool. the difference is that in a salt water pool the chlorine is added automatically by a chlorinated that works electronically and with a chlorine pool you have to put the chlorine in your self. Salt water pool are by far the more pleasant to swim in. Chlorine because it will kill germs
not salt water, but its better for your health! Salt is not a pool cleaner, it is usually there to make chlorine via a "salt system"
A Salt water pool is a chlorine pool. The difference is that in the case of a saltwater pool there is a chlorinater fited inline that converts the salt into chlorine automaticaly, Meaning that you don't have to purchace any chlorine to keep up chlorine levels.
No it can not, because chlorine is not killable.
My brother has a salt water pool which is a chlorine treated pool and his dog seems to prefer drinking out of the pool been doing it for years and is perfectly healthy.
If your pool water has chlorine, then it might kill your grass. If it's a small amount of chlorine, it is unlikely to harm the grass. Even drinking water has some chlorine in it. When it was time to replace the water or simply empty the baby pool, we used to dump the water from ours into our yard; it never harmed the yard. However, we normally added no chlorine and only occasionally added a *small* amount of chlorine to the baby pool.
Chloraminated pools are saltwater.
A salt water pool is a chlorine pool. The difference is that in a normal fresh water pool you have to add the chlorine as it is required. In the case of the salt water pool salt is added to the pool which is int urn run through a chlorine generator that is installed on the pipe leading from the filter to the pool. The chlorine generator electronically separates chlorine gas out of the salt water which then dissolves into the water automatically maintaining chlorine levels. The adidion of salt to the water makes it more pleasant to swim in and you are spared having to handle and store chlorine at home. but the problem is you are still swimming in Chlorine and now you are also swimming in sodium.
Pool water contains a variety of chemicals, including chlorine. While there is chlorine in the water that we drink, the levels do not compare to those found in pools. When a dog drinks pool water, they are ingesting more chlorine than is healthy, along with other possible chemicals. An occasional lap of water from the pool will probably not do any damage, but the dog should be discouraged from drinking pool water as much as possible. The best way to avoid your dog drinking pool water is to keep a large bowl of fresh water near the dog pool or swimming pool and if you see the dog drinking the pool water, to gently scold them and bring them over to the bowl of fresh water so they know that it is available for them to drink. After a few times of being scolded or being led to the fresh water, the "dog drinking pool water episodes" should diminish to a point where they are not detrimental to the dog.
salt water pools don't use chlorine salts, they are bromine salts. So yes, saltwater pool are better for you.
Yes. A bad one too. If you swim at an outdoor or public pool, you will have smelled the chlorine that is added to clean the water. The taste is the same. Chlorine is used in the process or water purification and it can sometimes be tasted in your drinking water. Too much chlorine in your drinking water can cause erosive esophagitis. Its similar to heartburn but harder to get rid of.
A salt water pool is a chlorine pool. The difference is that the chlorine is manufactured in the system by the chlorine generator. Otherwise NO DIFFERENCE!!
Yes, liquid pool chlorine is essentially the same stuff as bleach that you buy in the store. Be careful that you don't add chlorine to a well system that doesn't scrub the chlorine before going to a water softener or reverse-osmosis filter, or if you house has polybutyline piping.
It doesn't cost any thing. You don't even have to change the water, Just turn the chlorinator of and start adding chlorine like you do in an ordinary pool. The only difference between a salt water pol and a chlorine pool is that a salt water pool uses a chlorinator to make its own chlorine. a fresh water pool has the chlorine added.
it is actually a greenish yellow color and you put it into a pool to purifie drinking water and to dissinfect a pool. it is used as an anitiseptic
opening a pool is different then closing a pool because opening the pool is when the pool is all filled up with water an fixed an has chlorine in it and closing the pool is if u don't have no chlorine in it and it is not fixed or don't have no water in it
it doesn't really matter
Drinking water? Of course not! For the purification of the pool, maybe. That's why people who swim too much get red eyes...
A salt water pool is a chlorine pool, part of the salt is converted into chlorine electronically. I have found that regardless of the disinfection system used in a pool that the use of chlorine is the easiest and most reliable. The beauty with salt is the water fees better and you don't have to store and handle chlorine which is corrosive at best and explosive at worst. These day you can even go shopping for the type of salt you wish to use to benefit your health and the gardens around the pool.
The chlorine is reacting to minerals in the water.
Do you mean to say that you have a fresh water pool with a Chlorine Generator which uses salt? Or do you in fact have a salt water pool? bob...