Motorcycle Insurance

Is an insurance company responsible for paying for motorcycle rental while your motorcycle is being repaired after an accident that was the other parties fault?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2005-10-14 02:49:15
2005-10-14 02:49:15

If the rental coverage is included in your policy, probably. However if the other parties insurance is accepting responsiblity for the damage then I would be asking them for a rental.

User Avatar

Related Questions

No. you have to have filed the case before hand for both criminal records and insurance.

== == In the event that you got into a car accident and it was not your fault but the other driver's, if he is insured, his insurance company is liable to pay for the damages of your vehicle. On the other hand, if the other driver is not insured, your own insurance company, provided you have a policy regarding uninsured or underinsured drivers, will be responsible for the damages your vehicle has incurred. They however, may have a right of action against the person responsible for the accident. The person who caused the damage to your vehicle is ultimately responsible for the damage to your vehicle regardless of whether there is an applicable insurance coverage or not. Whether you actually have the repairs done is none of their business.

I have been in the towing business for 25 years. In most cases, if you have collission insurance coverage your motorcycle is just like a car. Yes, the insurance company will pay the tow bill and storage bill. They will also have the motorcycle picked up and tow to be repaired or salvaged. Make sure you keep in frequent contact with your insurance company about the situation.

The benefits of auto insurance are that if a natural or human caused accident were to happen, you would be able to feel safe that your car will be repaired or replaced.

It depends on the type of accident. Minor fender bender can be repaired & you will still be safe. If you get into a serious accident where is goes into the passenger or driver compartments, & u get it repaired, it probally would NOT be safe.

If the car has not been repaired but the damage is cosmetic they will probably insure it for liability only If the car has been repaired it will be no problem to get insurance. If the car is deemed salvage or rebuilt, you can get full coverage, however keep this in mind. A branded title makes the car worth 35% less than average retail. The coverage AFTER the accident , of course would not caver any claims concerning that accident.

Yes, if your policy has adequate coverage. If you have full coverage insurance, your car will be repaired completely and your portion of the repairs will be whatever your deductible is.

The insurance wreck does not go up because of your accident to get repairs on your vehicle. Your insurance increasing only when you are at fault. If you weren't at fault then you pay the deductible and your insurance company would fight for you to get it repaired.

Rental reimbursement insurance pays a small amount toward renting a car while your car is being repaired as a result of an accident. In this day and age a limit of $30-50 is best. Rental reimbursement insurance pays a small amount toward renting a car while your car is being repaired as a result of an accident. In this day and age a limit of $30-50 is best.

It depends on if you have a lien placed on your vehicle (by you lender. If you own the car free and clear, you can take the insurance money and not repair the car, but if there is a lien on your vehicle more often than not the insurance company will make the check out to you and your bank.

The insurance company is GENERALLY responsible for 100% of a rental to provide basic transportation or transportation that was of similar size to what was wrecked WHILE YOUR CAR IS BEING REPAIRED! Once the car is repaired, or once your car is written off and a check is given to you so that you can get a replacment car, the insurance company is no longer responsible. These are general guidlines and may vary in your state.

No. Their insurance will cover the damage to their vehicle, though they will not be happy about an unlisted driver being behind the wheel having an accident. If they have no physical damage coverage it will not be repaired or replaced.

No. The shop choice is yours, however, the insurance company only owes for reasonable towing expenses to the nearest repair facility.

If you have reported the accident and your insurance company has repaired the other driver's vehicle, it more than likely will affect your rate. When you are at fault, it always affects your insurnace.

The answer is generally yes, but it depends on the type of accident vs the type of repair for mechanical failure. Two otherwise identical cars with identical mileage, one repaired for simple mechanical failure, the other in an accident with significant damage, the repaired car will be worth more than the car in the accident 90% of the time.

Most insurance companys want you to go to a certified repair shop to make sure you are not frauding them some will even send out their own inspector to check you car out before they approve any repairs

You can start by asking politely, but when that doesn't work you can contact an attorney. Find one who will work on a contingency fee (you only pay him if you collect a settlement) because even if you win, you may never see a dime. Otherwise, just have your car repaired and DON'T EVER LET YOUR INSURANCE LAPSE AGAIN!!! Pay for your damages out of your pocket.

The simple answer to this is yes you can keep the check and spend it on something else. Unless there is a loan on the car. Then the lender will insist that you have it repaired.

No. The other person's insurance should pay everything, including your rental car use during the time that your car is being repaired. UNLESS the person that hit you is claiming innocence and there were no witnesses. Then you may have to pay the deductible if your insurance company can not get them to pay.

Property insurance - If your property is damaged the insurance will pay for this to be repaired. Life insurance - If you die then your estate (or the named beneficiary) gets a payout to the value of the insurance.

If your car is parked and someone hits it, your rates should not go up. The other car's insurance company should take care of everything, even if you have the same insurance company. You are entitled to have your vehicle repaired following an accident that was caused by someone else.

If the fire damage has been repaired, you can get homeowners insurance from any company of your choosing.

My Motorcycle was running flat. I had it repaired and they showed me the puncture hole on the inTERROR of the wheel.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.