Asked in England

Is there another name for England?


Wiki User

No. You may have heard people referring to Britain or UK and wondered if it was the same thing. The full name of the country is 'The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland', which is how the country is known at the United Nations. The UK is comprised of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and citizens of these four places are British in International Law although they may refer to themselves as being English, Scottish, Welsh or Irish. The status of each of these four places is similar to individual states within the United States.