What are 3 facts about Patrick Henry?
- He opposed the US Constitution because it did not go far enough to protect the rights of the people, demanding the adoption of the Bill of Rights
- He denounced clergy who meddled in the government as "enemies of the community"
- Just a week after he joined the legislature he introduced a bill with language so extreme that some wanted him hanged. The bill passed.
- He was elected Governor of Virginia five times, though some of his speeches contained such graphic name-calling they often had to be heavily edited.
- He is one of the few early American's ever to be featured on a US Stamp, and has even has a nuclear submarine named for him