What are the consequences of adultery?
The consequences of adultery include but are not limited to the following:
- Adultery is grounds for divorce in many jurisdictions.
- The possibility of exposing your spouse to a sexually transmitted disease.
- For women, the possibility of pregnancy and your husband being responsible for supporting another man's child and an inaccurate birth certificate.
- For men, the possibility of pregnancy and having to pay child support for a child born outside of your marriage.
- The loss of trust in the marriage.
- The destruction of the family unit.