Some similarities are that both Islam and Christianity believe in the prophets such as Prophets Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus (Peace be upon them all).
They both share some moral values such as love thy neighbor, cherish life, feed the poor. etc.
Both are Abrahamic faiths, and are both monotheistic.
The difference lies mostly in how Jesus and Muhammad are viewed.
Christianity is a triune monotheistic religion. Its form of monotheism can be summarized in the following seven points:
1. The Father is God
2. The Son is God
3. The Holy Spirit is God
4. The Father is not the Son
5. The Son is not the Holy Spirit
6. The Holy Spirit is not the Father
7. There is only one God
Christianity rejects Muhammad as a messenger of God.
Christianity believes Jesus died on the cross and Islam rejects this.
Islam is a strictly monotheistic religion; it teaches that Jesus was a messenger of God, much like Moses, Noah, etc. God is one in Islam, with no partners or children. Islam also teaches that Muhammad was the last of the messengers.Some differences between Christianity and Islam:· Christians have the same God who revealed to Abraham, Moses and other Jewish prophets as JEHOVAH. Islam has Allah as God and has never revealed as Jehovah or as Father as Jesus taught.
· In Christianity, Jesus came and died for sinners as prophesied by the Jewish prophets. In Islam, Jesus did not die but taken to heaven.
· Love your enemies is the Christian teaching. Islam does not teach to love non-Muslims.
· Christianity has a savior Jesus Christ who saves them from sins and hell punishment. Islam does not have a savior but has only messengers who died just like regular humans.
· Marrying another person while your spouse is living is adultery according to Christian teaching. Islam does not consider this as a sin (following Muhammad's example).
· Christianity offers a heaven with the presence of Lord Jesus. Islam offers a heaven with milk, vine and virgins.
· Jesus is the Son of God in Christianity as revealed in OT. Jesus is just a messenger in Islam even though Jesus is unique in Quran.
· Christianity found in the New Testament has no rituals. Islam has a lot of rituals including reciting in Arabic you do not understand and kissing the black stone at Kaaba.
· Christians are called children of God. Muslims are the slaves of Allah.
· Christians worship God in spirit and no directional worship. Muslims worship Allah by turning towards Kaaba in Mecca.
· New Testament teaches Jesus is the only way to heaven. Quran teaches good Christians, Jews, Sabience will also go to heaven.
· Salvation is guaranteed in Christianity since Jesus died to save them. No guaranty for salvation in Islam.
· Do not kill is the teaching of Christianity as Jesus or His disciples did not kill anyone. Killing is allowed in Islam as Muhammad and his followers killed many.
· Salvation in Christianity is based on what God did through His Son Jesus who was punished for others sins. Salvation in Islam is based on human efforts.
· Christian Scripture teaches not to fight. Islamic scripture teaches to fight and Allah loves those who fight for Allah (Quran 61:4)
· Christian Scripture teaches God as Righteous. Islamic scripture teaches Allah as a Deceiver ( best of Deceivers - Quran 3:54, 8:30)
· There is no consequence if a Christian leaves faith (except hell). Will be killed if a Muslims leaves faith (No compulsion in religion is an abrogated verse).
· Christian Scripture does not change its message. Islamic scripture changes its message through what is called abrogation with a new message (Many times in Quran old revelations were replaced by new ones, Quranic messages were abrogated by Muhammad and such)
· Christian Scripture came through EIGHT different people. Islamic scripture came through just ONE person.
· Christianity teaches that only those whose name is not written in the Book of Life will be in hell. Islam teaches that even all Muslims will have to go to hell (Quran 19:71).
To Be Honest, Dont Have A Clue. Sorry, NEED SOME DIFFERENCES AND SIMILARITES BEWTEEN ISLAM AND CHRISTIANITY? [-Please help. :) ]
There are a few very obvious differences between Christianity and Islam. They follow different holy books and also have different names for their God.
the similarities are they both get cleaned and their sins get washed away .
Buddhism i am not sure of, but the similarity in Islam and Christianity is that both of these religions believe in one god.
Yes. There are similarities between these two religions. To read about them, please see the Related Question below.
Christianity teaches that Jesus is the son of God. Islam teaches that Jesus was a messenger of God. Christianity teaches the concept of Original Sin. Islam does not. Islam teaches that Muhammad was a messenger of God. Christianity does not.
The difference between between these three religions: Christianity, Judaism, Islam and Hinduism is in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, the founder of Christianity. This single event marks Christianity different from these other religions.
There are several similarities that Christianity and Islam have. They both believe in a supreme creator and preach peace to their followers among other things.
An Islam spread and gained followers, Muslim invaders threatened the Byzantines
The most known similarity is that they are all monotheistic religions.
Christianity and Islam have similar religious roots in the Middle East although what was believed about individual characters represented may diverge very greatly. For example, in Christianity Jesus is the savior, but in Islam he is a prophet.
Overall, they simply are not as there are major theological differences between the two.
Islam. It claims that it is the continuEation of Judaism and CHRISTIANITY
Judaism Islam and Christianity started off as the same religion then the Romans changed Christianity actually the early Christianity couldn't eat pork so couldn't Judaism and Islam
There some aspects of similarities among Islam, Christianity, and Judaism. However, there are also differences among the three religions. So, no one can claim that a religion is more like Islam otherwise it will be no justification for Islam religion to be revealed by same God as Christianity and Judaism.
They all believe in a higher power but Atheist
They both believe in same God. Refer to related question below.
they all believe in one God
Similarities between Islam and Christianity include both religions believing in one creator, that is God. Both also believe in angels and demons. A difference between the 2 religions is how they view Jesus. Christians believe Jesus to be the son of God, in the Islamic religion Jesus is a prophet.
There is none, because Judaism and Christianity have very few similarities. Answer Islam has aspects of both Christianity and Judaism in its religious beliefs and actions.
Obviously there are differences between religions. On the other hand, there are great similarities between the World's great religions as well - for example, religions tend to emphasize the need to sanctify your character, not do harm to other people, pray to God.AnswerNo, not all of them. Islam is very similar in many ways to Judaism and Christianity, the more ancient religions on which Islam was arguably based. The Bahai religion, which in turn arose in the Muslim milieu, carries some similarities to Islam. A more distant relationship can be discerned between Zoroastrianism and Islam, as Zoroastrianism seems likely to have, in turn, influenced Judaism and Christianity, then Islam.There is little relationship between Islam and Buddhism or Jainism, Daoism, Confucianism and so on.
Jewish AnswerJudaism and Islam believe in an single all encompassing G-d. They are Monotheistic.Christianity believes in a trinity, a limited god. A weak monotheism.
The primary difference is the belief and respect for One God(Allah) vs. The trinity. Please see the Related Question below on the differences between Christianity in general and Islam. Most of those differences also apply to Catholicism and Islam.
Both Islam and Christianity originated out of Judaism.
Between Hinduism and Buddhism there is some common tradition and the Buddha was a Hindu, but generally Hindus believe in a God and Buddhists do not. I am a Buddhist. As to Islam it is an Abrahamic faith just like Christianity and Judaism are, meaning they trace there heritage back to Abraham and all believe in the same creator God. After that there are other similarities in the 3 but far more differences.