What are the factors affecting social change?
Social change is a complex and multi-faceted phenomenon. There are both endogenous (internal to the society concerned) and exogenous (external to the society) factors influencing social change. The following are the important factors contributing to social change:
- Environmental factors: Geological and climatic phenomena like earthquakes, flood, draught, tornado, tsunami etc. cause drastic changes in the economy or material assets of a society which in turn leads to social change. Variation in the availability of water resources and mineral resources (eg. Petroleum) can also affect social change.
- Biotic factors: Fluctuation in agricultural productivity, availability of fishery wealth, spread of diseases affecting man, crops and domesticating animals, changes in population structure, sex ratio, age ratio etc. can also contribute to significant changes in life style and thereby in the culture.
- Cultural factors: The main cause of social change is the cultural factor. The basic elements of culture like language, religion, philosophy, literature, faith and values will take long time to change due to the influence of another culture. The co-existence of two different cultures for a long period can cause cultural diffusion leading to changes in both. India, for example, discarded age long customs like Sati and Child marriage because of her contact with the Europeans.
- Demographic factors: Changes in population factors such as birth rate, death rate, migration or immigration can cause changes in sex ratio, age-ratio and other vital population parameters. Such changes affect marriage norms, familial relations, conditions of the marginalized etc. ultimately influencing social change.
- Technological factors: Technological advancement has resulted in the production of surplus food, population growth, urbanization and industrialization. All these have affected family size, occupational divisions, gender roles, interdependency, social competition etc. Developments in the field of transportation and communication reduced the social distance which gave momentum to cultural diffusion and thereby to social change.
- Ideological factors: Political, social and religious ideologies can bring forth radical changes in social structure and social relationships. For example, the spread of communist political ideology in Kerala brought an end to feudalism followed by drastic changes in class structure which reflected even on family relations. The social philosophies of persons like Sree Narayna Gurn, Sahodharan Ayyappan, Ayyankali etc. resulted in the vertical mobility of oppressed communities in Kerala which brought lasting changes in the social sphere of the state.
- Psychological factors: Man, by nature, is a lover of change. The inherent tendency to look for novelty compel man to experiment new ideas which may sometimes results in the establishment of new social setup. Change in attitude of society towards family planning, dowry, caste system, women's education etc. which brought about radical changes in society are primarily psychological in nature.
- Other factors: In addition to above mentioned factors other elements such as wars, ethnic tensions, competition for resources, trade unionism, banking system, human rights movement, enhanced environmental awareness etc. have resulted in wide spread social variation and modification.
Reference: Arjunan,N.K.(2010). Philosophical and Sociological Bases of Education (2nd Ed.). Palakkad: Yuga Publications.
what are social factors affecting curriculum?
econimic factor political factors social factors Another answers in the point of view (fashion related): Two major factors that change in fashion are: 1) War/Conflict 2) Sex
technological factors,economic factors and social cultural factor
There are several factors affecting human resources development in any company. They include political factors, social, technological, legal, and environmental factors.
THE 3 FACTORS AFFECTING Individual DIFFERENCES ARE THE FF: 1. Physiological Factors 2. Cultural influences 3. Interaction between biological and social Factors
Tell me the answere
education religion culture
What are the social cultural factors affecting gender equality specifically in developing countries?
factor affecting gender equity
Factors such as demographics, political and economic are responsible for social change. Each of these factors can affect social change significantly.
i need the answer to this question AYSAP :|
PEST Political, Economicl, social and Technologicl factors.
genetics and environment
The global factors affecting business are the issues that will influence the way business runs from one country to another. Some of the main factors are political, legal, social as well as technological developments.
There are a number of social factors that affect business in any environment. Some of the common factors include age, education level, income and culture among others.
monetary problems social supprt
the social factors affecting communication with the elderly are that the younger generation are mostly ignorant and selfish. that causes the elderly not to speak there minds as most of the younger generation are violent and verbally insanely disturbed and in the world of destruction causing the elderly to be frightened...
what are the factors that affecting decision making what are the factors that affecting decision making what are the factors that affecting decision making what are the factors that affecting decision making what are the factors that affecting decision making
Factors affecting evaporation : heat amount of liquid time given to evaporate for the liquid Factors affecting condensation : Coolness for the gas to change to liquid Temperature Time
The factors that contribute to the completion of social mobilization are i) Government ii) Bureaucracy iii) Non-governmental organizations (NGO's) iv) Media v) Public
Social attitude, Government and its policies, regulated financial system what type of negative effect does social media have on girls
Current birthrates and increased longevity.
Social factors can influence the success of a business in certain locations and areas of business. A prevailing negative attitude can cause people not to buy certain products or services.
* change in population * government policies * income change * future expectations
Social factors have a huge impact on social policies. As the norms in society change and evolve so do the social policies.
Moisture & Temperature !! :] Plato people
Physical Environment, Population Changes, Isolation & Contact, Social Structure, Attitudes, Values, and Technological Factors All Stimulate Social Change.
factors affecting profit?
factors affecting ecosystem
Strengths of the Social Control Theory 1) Explains the role of social influece from the media, peers and parents 2) Covers a wider range of explanations such as the importance of cognitive factors rather than suggesting we have no control Weaknesses of the Social Control Theory 1)Reductionist- could be other factors affecting behaviour such as genetics 2) Its questionable whether vicarious reinforcements are consistent enough to change behaviour
Factors that affect public opinion include preexisting knowledge, values, and attitudes. In addition, immediate situations and social-environmental factors affect public opinion.
A high unemployment rate is a social problem that affects businesses. With fewer people working, consumers can't purchase a businesses' products.
What are the different Factors affecting of solution process? What are the different Factors affecting of solution process?
Leadership style may be dependent on various factors: Risk - decision making and change initiatives based on degree of risk involved Type of business - creative business or supply driven How important change is - change for change's sake Organizational culture - may be long embedded and difficult to change Nature of the task - needing cooperation, direction, structures, factors affecting style
Factors affecting Philosophies of Education 1. Existing knowledge. 2. Social ideas of society. 3. Interest of influential groups. 4. Personal experience. 5. Visual of educational leaders. 6. Individual temerament.
the social factors which affect fashion are a result of the popularity of one style or another. when one person sees a fashionthey like on another person, they might try to reapply the look on themselves. It may change slightly, and then when other people admire their clothing they repeat the cycle by doing the same thing. This is how fashion is effected socially and how it evolves as well.
Social Factors: - Gender - Ethnicity - Education - Age - Social Class Psychological Factors: - Values - Beliefs - Attitudes Wider Community: - Access to services - Parental Control - Political Climate - Peer Pressure - Economic - Financial - Access to Resources
What words psychological term describes The view that social and cultural factors may be just as powerful as evolutionary and physiological factors in affecting behavior and mental processing?
factors affecting cardiorespiratory fitness
factors affecting choice of color
Factors affecting self concept
factors affecting human relation
what are factors affecting service delivery
global competition advanced technology scarcity operation resources social responsibility
What are the SHEEPT Social Historical Economic Environmental Political and Technological factors affecting Haiti when and after the earthquake struck?
Louis Tomlinson <333:)
Factors affecting the growth and development of a learner include race, sex, cultural factors, lifestyle, socio-economic level and social factors. These factors may vary depending on personality and learner's environment.
theres isn't a simple answer to this type of question. Not only are there soical and enviormental factors but prerequiste which can influence these factors themselves. in regards to social there could be a political change resulting in disruption of the police force which can be seen from countless revolutions, the emergence of a new class which would not only affect the social aspect but also the econmoical. as for the enviormental factors there could… Read More
There are certain specific and general factors influencing the operations of a business . The important specific factors affecting business are customers,creditors and suppliers. The general factors include Social, Legal, Economical,Political,and Technological (SLEPT) factors.
external factors affecting Human Resource Planning - government legislation -job mobility factors -population shifts -economic cycles and condition -geographical concerns -educational levels of workers -technological changes -changes in social views -political changes -international events
The different factors affecting food ways and culinary practices are: 1. geographical location 2. Climate 3. Topography 4. History 5. Religion 6. Economic Factors 7. Psychological Factors 8. Health Concerns 9. physical 10. psychological 11. social 12. culture 13. sensory
1. Age 2. Cultural Differences 3. Social Class 4. Sex differences (gender)