Many functions of diplomacy or a diplomatic mission are the following:
- REPORTING: Reporting involves the observation of political, economic, social and military condition of the host state.
- INGRATIATION: Negotiation is the second substantive function of diplomatic mission. It involves for the greatest part. The transmission of message between the foreign minister of the sending state and the host state (receiving state).
- Greeting new foreign diplomats that arrive in one's country;
- Keeping in close contact with fellow diplomats within the country of placement;
- Understanding all major international events;
- Presenting one's own views of diplomatic situations; and
- Be willing to rotate from nation to nation every two years.