Liability Insurance
Professional Liability Insurance
Malpractice Insurance

What could professional liability insurance also be named?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2011-09-20 12:19:43
2011-09-20 12:19:43

Professional Indemnity Insurance

Malpractice Insurance

Errors and Omissions Insurance

User Avatar

Related Questions

Professional Liability Insurance, sometimes called E&O insurance covers judgments, settlements and the costs of legal defense that may arise from the conduct of your profession or the professional services you provide to your clients. The named insured is the professional who purchased the insurance policy.

A Loss payee on a Professional liability Malpractice Insurance Policy would be the injured party claiming loss or damages as a result of the actions or in-actions of the Named Insured Professional

The practicing professional or organization is generally the named insured. The coverage provides for legal defense and or mediation costs of the insured as well as liabilities and judgements for losses of a client that arise from the conduct of the defined profession, up to the specified limits.

The "Professional",, would be the person or entity "Insured" under the contract.

If you are named as Certificate Holder on a Certificate of Insurance, the insurance company MAY or (in some instances) HAS TO notify you if the policy cancels prior to the renewal date.

A certificate of insurance , with you named as the cewrtificate holder. However, you should always call the agent listed on the sertificate to verify that the coverage and policy is in force.

Non Owners InsuranceNon Owners insurance - Auto Liability Insurance for Drivers who own no vehicle. It is also known as:1. Drivers Insurance2. Operators InsuranceNon Owners insurance is generally a Named Driver Policy Form (no other drivers are covered) and provides Secondary Auto Liability coverage along with other optional coverages.such as:1. Medical2. Uninsured / Under insured motorists3. Enhanced Personal LiabilityHappy Motoring

The hospital's insurance will protect the hospital from any liability caused by your meeting. However, the hospital or its insurer may not wish to assume the liability presented by your meeting and may require you to provide your own insurance with the hospital named as an additional insured. That way, the hospital and its insurer is protected in the event of a liability claim. Insurance of this type is expensive to purchase for a single meeting due to minimum premium rules. The cost could be as much as $500 or even more. If your intent is to hold many meetings, it may make sense to buy an annual policy. IN that way, you could provide a certificate of insurance to any place you hold a meeting during the course of the policy-- and the premium may not be much more than for a single meeting.

Yes as long as the named insured is not a spouse, or if the spouse does not drive and does not have a drivers license the spouse can also be excluded.

You do not have to own a vehicle to bind car insurance. If you do not own a vehicle you can purchase auto insurance to cover you when you are driving borrowed and unowned vehicles. Named non-owners insurance is a policy for individuals who drive borrowed cars and have a need for liability insurance. If you are required to provide an SR-22 to the DMV to keep your driving privilege and do not own a vehicle, named non-owners policies are the best solution. These policies will provide you with liability coverage in any car you do not own if you are found at fault for injuries or damage.

NO, The landlords, or owners insurance is specific to the named insureds property and liabilities. If your tenant has chosen to own a trampoline that would be there own responsibility and their own liability in the event of a loss or injury.Bear in mind though that whether the owner lives in the house or it is leased to a tenant the insurance company will most likely cancel the policy if they discover a trampoline on the property.AnswerPlease remember that liability insurance covers negligence, so the trampoline would only be covered by liability insurance if you can prove some level of negligence associated with the trampoline.

A named insured person can be an excluded driver on an automobile liability policy in New Mexico, if the policy holder wishes to remove a driver from the policy. The policy holder will have to notify the insurance company to make the changes.

No, The medical coverage portion of your policy (usually $500) is for minor injuries that can occur around the home and is specific to the named insureds. Your home insurance policy is not a replacement for major medical insurance. If your guest feels you are responsible for their injuries through your negligence then they could sue you for coverage under the liability portion of your home insurance policy.

A Broad Form covers the named insured to drive any owned or non owned vehicles (subject to restrictions). For liability insurance, be it one or twenty cars - it's the same price.

Yes,, You can purchase a Non-Owners Auto Insurance policy. Sometimes this coverage is referred to as an Operators or a Drivers insurance policy. The coverage is most often offers Liability coverage, medical as well a uninsured and under-insured motorists coverage.

Yes, but you must be a named driver. Otherwise your claim could be declined.

In many cases when you enter into a contract, whether it is a contract for work, a lease agreement or any other type of contract, there will be clauses covering insurance and indemnification, which is a fancy word for covering someone else's financial loss. Liability insurance provides money to cover losses to others due to negligence on the part of the insured. In this case, the insurance company is indemnifying the insured. If there is an indemnification clause in the contract then the contractor must indemnify the contractee as specified. This is most usually done by adding the contractee as either an additional insured (in the case of liability insurance) or as a loss payee (in the case of property insurance) to their existing policy. If the person entering the contract does not have insurance or does not have sufficient insurance, then those policies can usually be purchased. However, having the insurance or having the contractee named on your policy does not alleviate the indemnification.

If you are speaking of non-auto liability insurance for your business, the state imposes no requirements. That said, if you lease business space from a third-party, the lease may prescribe minimum insurance limits, and will generally require that the landlord be named as an additional insured. The amount of non-auto liability insurance that it is prudent to have is another question. It depends upon various factors, not the least of which is whether your business is open to the public (such as a store). If it is not, you will still want liability insurance to cover potential risk exposures relative to the products that you produce or sell. Overall, you have to look to the risk factors attending your business, and assets that you wish to protect. Your best bet is to consult a licensed commercial insurance agent/broker.

I'm not sure I understand the question. If her boyfriend has insurance, then she is covered under his policy as long as she had permission to drive his car. As far as your liability if she has an accident, it all depends on the extent of the accident and if a law auit is filed for more than her boyfriend's policy limit. Then there could be potential to attack your insurance policy which names her as a driver.

To rent office space it is advisable to have General Liability, Public Liability, Glass (if necessary), Fire and Perils, Theft and Business Interruption coverage. Your lease may specify other coverages required by the property owner. As to the liability coverages, the property owner will likely require that he/she/it be identified as an additional named insured.

You have to be either named or you have to fit the definition of a named insured on the policy.

Yes, they do offer. The part where owner's legal liability is not charged where owner is not a driver, can be replaced with paid driver cover and un-named passengers cover as a matter of abundant caution if someone else should drive.

"Complete car insurance" would also include coverage that covers anything that can physically happen to the automobile, normally after some sort of a deductible that the named insured must pay first.

Auto Insurance follows the liabilities of the Named Insured(s). Sometimes that entails following the vehicle in the event a permitted driver fits the definitions of a named insured under the terms of the Auto Insurance Policy. Sometimes it entails following the Individual such as When we rent or borrow a car and our liability coverage follows us. Never Assume that Auto Insurance simply follows a car or vehicle. This is a misunderstanding that many people and even Insurance Agents fall prey too when their is a lack of comprehension.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.