Best Answer

Maybe it doesnt meet the loan cos. repo specs?? (not running,wrecked,ect) Do you know where their office is? Is it lcal? If so, take it to them and leave it in their parking lot. If they dont have a local office, call atowing co. to come get it,they can handle getting it repoed. OR leave it at the city PD parking lot.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2004-05-09 00:34:19
This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +5 pts
Q: What do you do if you owe money on your car and want to have it repossessed but the loan company will not?
Write your answer...

Related Questions

Can you ask for a reinstatement after your car has been repossessed?

You can, but there is no guarantee the loan company will do so. They do want the money however more than the car, so if this is the first rough patch you've hit, they may. Just act quickly.

When car repossessed can you pay the cars value?

Yes. And the payoff, will usually be less than the amount owed on the loan. Work with the bank. They do not want the car, only their money.

If your wages are garnished for a car loan but the car hasn't been repossessed can you keep the car?

That's the point. They want the money, not the car, so they garnished your wages to pay that loan. Keep it, drive it, enjoy it. If you want to sell that car, any money would FIRST go to pay that loan and you could keep any cash left over.

Can you change your car loan to another loan company?

Yes, but you would have to get a loan for the payoff amount from the loan company you want to use

If you stopped paying your car loan but the lender never repossessed the vehicle what can you do with it?

If You Have A Clear Title On Them, About Anything You Want. If They Have A Lien On The Titles, It Will Have To Be Removed By Payment Of Loan. Otherwise Contact The Loan Company And Have Them Tell You How To Deal With This In Writing. Be Sure You Get Written Information Before You Do Anything If They Show A Lien.

What will happen to a car once it is repossessed?

It will be auctioned off and the bank will want to collect the difference of what it sold for and what your loan was.

If a car is in the name of a deceased parent but the car continues to be paid for can it be repossessed?

I wouldn't see why they want the money not the car.AnswerProblem is, the loan is not in the survivng person's name. The lender would want to redo the loan in the new person's name before they held off the repo. If the new person can't get the loan, then the bank will have it repo'd.

What if you want your vehicle repossessed?

I heard if you surrender your car back to the bank the loan is from, they will auction the car to get money back, if they DONT get the whole amount of what you OWE on the car... They will bill you the balance.T

How can you get a money loan?

wat type of money loan u want to take there are so many different criteria to get loan.

Can you go to jail after your car has been repossessed and you don't want to pay the loan?

No you can't be sent to prison.You can declare bankruptcy .

Do you apply for student loans after you're accepted into the school?

Yes because the loan company will want to know how much and where the money is going to.

My car was repossessed and now they want me to pay for the remaining balance on the loan and I can not afford it. What can the lender do legally to get payments in the state of Pennsylvania?


Who pays for a loan on a car if both husband and wife dies?

If the heirs at law want to keep the car, they must pay off the loan. Otherwise, the car would be repossessed by the lender.

You want to know the status of your loan?

Call the Insurance Company

How do you Check that a loan company is not a con?

Run the proposal by your bank. Call the State's Attorney's office. Check with the BBB. And if they want money from you, do all three, before you send any money.

If there are two owners on a auto title and only one signs for a auto title loan and dies is the other person responsible for paying balance of loan?

The short answer is yes, if you want to keep the car. Otherwise the loan will go into default and it will be repossessed. If you did not sign for the loan, it will not affect your credit.

If a person does not want a vehicle anymore and gives it back to the lienholder is it considered to be repossessed?

Yes, voluntary repossession. Your credit will still suffer and the leinholder needs to sell the vehicle to get their money back. If they are unable to cover the loan fully, you are responsible for the difference.

Who does one talk to to refinance a loan?

If you want to refinance a loan, discuss it over with the company/people who you had a loan with in the beginning. Whoever you financed a loan with first, refinance with them again.

Choosing The Right Loan Company?

When you get a loan, one of the most important things is who is offering that loan. You don't want to be working with loan lenders who are not looking out for your best interests. Any time you get a loan, you will want to make sure that the company is abiding by the law and that the company has a good record of being fair to customers like yourself. You can find this information on the internet and it will give you a good idea of the type of loan lenders you are about to get yourself involved with.

Can you get your vehicle back after it has been repossessed?

Yes, you can. Alot of times they will work with you. They don't want your car, just your money!:)

What do you do if you want your car repossessed because you can't afford the payments but the finance company refuses to take it?

they dont have to take the car back,although they can sue you for the value or the balance of the loan If the lender is local, leave it in their parking lot, then call them and tell them where to find the car.

What companies should a person consider when they want to get a loan?

The companies a person should consider when they want to get a loan is a big named trusted company. Banking companies are good companies a person can go to to get a loan.

Can you sell your dirt bike when you financed it and use the money to bye a boat and keep making the payments?

No, not unless you consult your finance company and arrange for the loan to be paid out upon sale and then apply for a new loan for a boat or whatever it is you want.

You cosigned a used car for your sister-in-law and the title came under your name now you want to get off from the cosign and you have no idea how?

You are stuck on the loan until it is payed off. You can talk to the loan company to try and get your name off of it however this will fail 99% of the time. Why would a loan company want to have only 1 person to go after for the debt when they have 2. Also if she defaults on the loan they will come after you first. Whoever has the best job/credit is who they go after for the money.

Can you refinance your loan instead of letting it be repossessed?

yes - as long as she get's them the money to pay it off any way - before they get the car she will be ok - she can trade it in, pay it off with cash, refinance it, etc. The trouble is if she is behind on the payment, other auto lenders are probably not going to want to lend her money on another car. THey will want to know if she can't pay that one, why/how will she pay us.