What do you have to do in South Carolina to get emancipated at 16 if you want to get out of your mom's house because she and your stepfather yell way too much at you?

South Carolina does not have laws available for a minor to petition the court for early emancipation. "The age of legal majority in this state is 18 years; until that age all persons are minors." S.C. Children's Code Title 20, Chapter 7, Section: 1. If there is abuse and/or neglect S.C. DSS/CPS office in the county of residence should be notified. Main contact number for S.C. Department of Social Services it (1-803)-898-7318. National Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-392-3738, Youth Crisis Hotline 1-800-448-4463, Youth Emergency Service Hotline 1-800-899-5437. The web site Teenline Online is an organization of teens helping teens to resolve common problems, http://www.teenlineonline.org.