What education do you need to be a singer?

If you want to persue a career in classical voice or opera, you should consider a vocal performance degree. Most opera stars get both their undergrad and graduate degrees in vocal performance, then go on to audition around the globe at the world's finest opera houses. If you live in America, great schools in vocal performance include Boston Conservatory, New England Conservatory,University of Rochester (Eastman School of Music), Indiana University at Bloomington, San Fransico Conservatory, Manhattan School of Music, amongst many more!