What insurance is needed for a small business?

You will need a general liability policy and you might be able to get a business owners policy that would cover your property and your liability all in one policy.

The most inclusive type of insurance package is a Business Owner's Policy (BOP). Many insurance companies have specialized BOPs that are comprehensive but priced to suit the small business market. The BOP includes both property damage and liability coverage. Typically this includes loss of property, data, records and income, theft and general liability against claims for injury or damage sustained by a visitor to your business premises or through the use of your services or products.