Asked in Lakes and RiversContinents
Lakes and Rivers
What is the longest river on each continent?
February 22, 2017 4:16PM
The longest rivers on each Continent are:
- Asia: Yangtze (Chang Jiang)- 6,300 km (3,915 miles). Located in east-central China.
- Africa: Nile, 6,650 km (4,135 miles). Located in north-east Africa.
- South America: Amazon, 6,400 km (4000 miles). Located in northern South America
- North America: Mississippi, 6,275 km (3,902 miles). Located in the central USA
- Australia: Darling, 2,739 km (1701 miles). Located in eastern Australia.
- Antarctica: Onyx, 30 km (18.64 miles), a glacial melt, temporary river. Located in Victoria Land.
- Europe: Volga, 3692 km (2,294 miles). Located in Russia.