What is the politically correct term for black people?

It depends on your country.

In the UK and the majority of Europe, the terms:

  • Black
  • African
  • British-African
  • Euro-African

In other countries such as the United States, it varies. For example, some states in the US consider "coloured" to be politically correct, while other states consider it to be a racist insult.

So, there is no 100% politically correct term. Why do you need to describe someone by colour anyway? You don't refer to Caucasian friends as "white" - so why refer to non-Caucasians by the colour of their skin?

Most people these days refer to them by their nationality. For example, someone of African decent born and living in the UK is British.