answersLogoWhite

Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2010-03-10 21:27:28

In Afghanistan, approximately 99 percent of the population is Muslim, and of those 80-85% are Sunni Muslims. In Afghanistan, most Sunni Muslims belong to and follow the Hanafi school of teaching.

001
๐Ÿ™
0
๐Ÿคจ
0
๐Ÿ˜ฎ
0
๐Ÿ˜‚
0

Your Answer

Related Questions


The Muslims in Afghanistan are predominately Sunni Muslims


Sunni Muslims are around 85% of total world Muslims.


80-85% Sunni Muslims10% Shi'ite Muslims5-10% Other Muslimsthe figures may vary a bit. but these are pretty close to actual figures


Most of the Muslims in the world are Sunni Muslims, their percentage is approximately 87% of the Muslims worldwide. You can find them as majorities in all of the Islamic countries except in Iraq, Iran, Bahrain & Azerbaijan.


Sunni Muslims could be Sunni Arabs or Sunnis non Arabs; as the Sunni Indonesians or the Sunni Malaysians or Sunni Indians, ...etc. So, all Sunni Arabs are Sunni Muslims but not all Sunni Muslims are Sunni Arabs.


Globally, the percentage of Muslims that are Sunni is very high: 70-90%. However, in individual regions (like Iran), Shi'ites may outnumber them. As concerns the United States approximately 50% of the religious affiliations of Muslims is Sunni, 16% Shia, 22% non-affiliated and 16% other or non-responsive.


Afghanistan is the country with the highest percentage of Muslim population.


the Muslims in morocco are sunni


No. Sunni Muslims are the numerical majority.


at least 1% of egypt population are shia muslims. but sunni/shia relation in egypt is different of other countries. in egypt shia and sunni have close relation and sunni muslims love 12 Imams of shia and sunni muslims of egypt can be called nearly shia. there is no shia/sunni conflict in egypt. egypt Muslims are mostly fatemi that are lovers of Imam Ali and Ahl al Bayt.



Most Arabs are Sunni muslims, but there is still shia' muslims


Over 99% of the Afghan population is Muslim: approximately 80-85% follow the Sunni sect, 15-19% are Shi'a, and 1% other.


people in most countries are forgetting what religion is and are becoming arrogant and blind to it and the pure root of Islam. most people in Afghanistan actually Muslim by name but however follow no teaching of Islam. answering your question most people in Afghanistan are shi'a Muslims.


There are more Sunni Muslims than Shiite Muslims. Shiite Muslims represent about 15% of the global Islamic community whereas Sunni Muslims represent 85%. The numbers of the other sects are negligible.


According to WikiPedia, 18 % to 25 % (Estimates vary)


Sunni Muslims are just a TYPE of Muslim. You can get shia Muslims too, but they do things a little different to the Sunni Muslim.


About 85% of Muslims are Sunni. The remaining 15% are mostly Shia.


Both nations are dominated by Sunni Muslims. Sunni Islam, roughly translated as "orthodox Islam" is the original and most popular form of Islam. About 90% of all Muslims are Sunnis as well as the near whole of converts into Islam. Shi'ite Muslims are usually found in central Iran, Iraq and parts of Lebanon. In Pakistan and Afghanistan, Shi'ites do exist, but they are an extreme minority, and often do not pertain to the major branch of Shi'ite Islam, the "Ith'na Asriah" or The Twelvers. Many practice Islam in ways influenced by hindi-pagan tradition.


Bravelis are also Sunni Muslims. Brely and Deoband are two Islamic Institutions and two schools of thought representing Sunni Muslims.


Roughly 30-35% of Iraq's Muslims are Sunnis.Iraq's Muslims follow two distinct traditions, Shia and Sunni Islam.According to the Encyclopædia Britannica, Iraq is 97% Muslim: 60-67% Shi'a, 33-40% Sunni.Iraq is home to many religious sites important for both Shia and Sunni Muslims.


Sunni as majority compromise more of Muslims in comparison with shiah as minority.


About 9.7 percent of Sunni and Shiya muslims are in Srilanka.


Although it doesn't matter whether the Fatimids were Sunni or Shiites Muslims, they were Shiite Muslims of the Ismaili (Sevener) School.




Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.