Dental Insurance and Financing Dental Care
Medicare and Medicaid
Unemployment Benefits

Where can you find dental care if you are unemployed and do not qualify for Medicaid?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2010-03-26 21:57:37
2010-03-26 21:57:37
Contact your state's health department

There are various assistance programs that vary from state to state, so you may want to contact your state dental society to see if there are programs in your area.

Another possible source of lower-cost dental care is a dental school clinic. Generally, dental costs in school clinics are reduced and may include only partial payment for professional services covering the cost of materials and equipment. Your state dental society can tell you if there is a dental school clinic in your area.

Locate individual state health assistance programs - See the Related Link below

AnswerLook into state assistance. They have coverage for unemployed people, most of the time. If you have the money to pay for the dentist, a lot of dentist will see you if you pay cash. AnswerEvery person has a heart. If you are unemployed and you ain't got a medicard, just have enough humility to go to a dental office and ask the senior dentist if she could treat you for no professional fee. Maybe some will say no....but there will always be one who will accept your plea.

Related Questions

User Avatar

If you qualify for medicaid then you can get free or low cost dental care from dentists who accept medicaid. Also, some counties have dental clinics that are low cost and can even be free for some qualifying individuals.

User Avatar

Medicaid normally does not cover the cost of a dental implant. It is usually able to cover only basic dental care. Medicaid coverage is different in each state so it is best to check coverage options based on where you live.

User Avatar

If you need help paying for dental care, apply for Medicaid at the welfare office in your county. You'll need to provide proof of income for everyone that lives in your house. If you qualify for Medicaid due to pregnancy or disability, you'll need to provide documentation from your physician.

User Avatar

The easist way to do this is to get Medicaid. In order to do that, you'll need to be making no more than 150% of the federal poverty level (~$15000/yr for one person).

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.