Dodge Ram
Chevy Blazer S-10
Ford Explorer XLT
Chevy Camaro Z28

Where is the torque converter lockout solonoid located on a 1994 dodge ram 1500 2wd 318 and does it require transmission removal for replacement?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2007-08-06 02:58:39
2007-08-06 02:58:39

the solonoid is located inside the transmission, once the pan is removed i believe that it is located on the passenger side close to the front. I would find exact instructions but the back yard mechanic can do this with basic tools. If you're interested it shouldn't be too hard to pull the pan and look (only 2 solonoids inside with electrical connections - 1 for converter and 1 for o/d).


Related Questions

User Avatar

When you take off the transmission oil pan, you'll see it. Follow the wire from the electrical connector where it comes in to the trans. Ed

User Avatar

the tcc solonoid is located under the side pan however I highly doubt the solonoid is the prob

User Avatar

The torque converter is located between the engine output shaft and the transmission. Have to drop transmission to remove.

User Avatar

It is on the valve body, inside the transmission.It is on the valve body, inside the transmission.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.