Why do people judge gays and lesbians and bisexuals?
Low Hanging Fruit TheoryThe Bible is full of laws. So why not take a biblical law that's easy to follow, and condemn other people for breaking it. We don't go around judging people for violating the Sabbath (which the Bible calls an abomination), because, oops, we may have had work on the sabbath that one day a few weeks ago. We definitely don't condemn people for getting tattoos (Leviticus 19:28) because our children or parents might have one. Or maybe we have one.
But homosexuality is safe to make a case out of because we're not even tempted by that one.
There are multiple possible answers:
- Because they are different and people fear what they don't or can't understand.
- In my opinion it is because in the Bible it says that man was made for woman and woman for man. In Mark 10 it says, "For this reason a MAN will leave his father and mother and be united with his WIFE." If it didn't matter if you were gay or not then he would say something like "be united with the one that person loves" or something like that or he/she. But in a section in Romans ch.1 it talks about how gross it is for a man to be with another man, or woman with another woman. Therefore we should judge them all we want.
- In my opinion there are consequences when we disobey what God says. God gave the gift of marriage and love between a man and a woman to us, when he created us. That gift has been perverted by people in general who don't believe and by the court system. No matter what people believe, this topic is a sin in God's eyes. Either God is true or He is not. There are no gray areas with God. Either something is sin or it is not, no gray areas. Our job as Christians is to love people no what they are into, but hate their sins. But this is my opinion.
- Because humans, as a race, are jealous, small minded and idiot creatures who do not realise the irrelevance of our own existence. Especially those who stick to the bible like glue. They are hypocrites who teach that one should not judge (for example in the case of the good samaritan), yet at the same time believe themselves to be so holy, so pure, that they can separate the 'good' and the 'bad' from society. They are not so much worshipping God, but pretending to be him. But that is my opinion.
- In my opinion it is because they think that they know the mind of God. Forgetting that we see as though in a glass darkly and it is only after death that we shall see clearly until such time we should not cast stones as we are not without sin.
- When judging gays people really shouldn't refer to the Bible since homosexuality has been around long before Christianity came about. But it's true that people fear what they do not know. I would also think, they themselves would find it insulting if so many strangers were so judgemental of what people do between the sheets, since that is where the so-called difference is even though straight people have threesomes now and then. So I guess sexually there is no difference. Straight men like anal sex too. The most important thing is the ability to fall in love and how awful life would be if we did not have that. Sometimes people don't agree with it until their own child comes out of the closet. And not even then. Shame on them for being bad parents.
- People judge gay, lesbian and bisexual people because of negative religious influence. They are taught to condemn people who are different from the pulpits of most churches and religionists are extremely self-righteous people.
People fear what they do not understand. There is a lot of misinformation about gays, lesbians, and bisexuals being intentionally distributed by people who feel this fear. They think that gays, bisexuals, and lesbians will "corrupt people" and that they molest and/or rape members of the same sex. Some others will use mistranslations from the Bible as an excuse to hate homosexuals, but there arguments don't hold up under close scrutiny. Gays, bisexuals, and lesbians…
People fear what they do not understand. There is a lot of misinformation about gays, lesbians, and bisexuals. They think that gays, bisexuals, and lesbians will "corrupt people" and that they molest and/or rape members of the same sex. Some use the Bible as an excuse, but that doesn't hold up under close scrutiny. Gays, bisexuals, and lesbians are just normal people with different tastes. I'm a lesbian and I get "those looks" all the…
Not all people of any sexuality belong to the the same community. For instance, many heterosexual people join the LGBT community in that they fight against bigotry and persecution of gays and lesbians. Likewise, some gay people and bisexuals choose to avoid same-sex relations (even if they can't avoid the attraction), and do not become a part of the LGBT community. Many Republicans who hide their homosexuality have been the source of the most hateful…
Jesus never mentioned gays or lesbians, because gay people were completely closeted in his time. All we can do is interpret and guess. Most Christians would say that Jesus loves gay people but wants them to refrain from romantic intimacy, marriage, and starting families, because they see that as sinful. They would prefer to see gay people be alone.
Purple is the colour regarding lesbians, not so much gays or bisexuals, but it can be used as a blanket color as much as the term "gay" is a blanket term for true gays, lesbians, and bisexuals. Lesbians identify each other by this color as much as someone might say that someone wearing a rainbow ribbon is a member of the LGBT community. Blue tends to be more of a gay color, whereas pink is…
Janice L. Ristock has written: 'Intimate partner violence in LGBTQ lives' -- subject(s): Transgender people, Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Intimate partner violence, Same-sex partner abuse 'Research as empowerment' 'Community research as empowerment' -- subject(s): Research, Community, Community power, Feminist theory, Feminism
Probably in the life of most gay people there was a time when they wished they were straight, because it's not easy to to be gay. It's doubtful anyone would choose it if it were an option. But today, gay people are more accepting of themselves than they were in the past, and for many it seems like a non-issue.
They make up a community called the LGBT community. Lesbians are girls who have only attractions to other women. Gays are men who are only attracted to other men. Bisexuals are people who are attracted to both sexes, and they love both as they please. There are many differnt types of sexualities, but these are the main ones people usually focus on. Trans people are ones who completely change their gender, either from FtM, or…
Gays and lesbians are fine. Women can also be called gay. Queer is not acceptable by everyone. Although some people prefer it, there are just as many that do not. If you don't know how a person feels about the word "queer", then gay and lesbian are best because they are universally acceptable. "Homosexual" is outdated, and usually used mainly by people who oppose gay rights.