1.They use up Natural Resources--"Every time we use a new plastic bag they go and get more petroleum from the Middle East and bring it over in tankers," said Stephanie Barger, executive director of Earth Resource Foundation in Costa Mesa, California. "We are extracting and destroying the Earth to use a plastic bag for 10 minutes."
2. They harm wildlife and marine life-plastic bags are now in all places in our environment, and animals, on land and water, are getting choked, strangled and killed by them.
3. They create litter-Aside from polluting beaches and waterways, plastic bags blowing around streets in China are so common they've earned the name "white pollution." And in South Africa, the bags littering the countryside are called "national flowers." In some African areas, people are even "harvesting" the plastic bags to make bags, hats and other crafts.
4. They take a long time to biodegrade-Most plastic bags used either end up as litter or in landfills (less than 1 percent are recycled). In a landfill, it's estimated that one plastic bag takes about 1,000 years to biodegrade. A plastic bag floating around as litter takes about 20 years.
5. They can be hazardous to humans -- Plastic bags pose a suffocation hazard to people, particularly children, and pets. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (C.P.S.C.) receives an average of 25 reports each year in which a child has suffocated from a plastic bag.
6. Plastic bags are made out of non-biodegradable substances. Because they are durable they do not rot. Scientist believe s that it would take up to 1,000 years to break down. In that time plastic bags separate into smaller toxic particles that contaminates the soil and even waterways. Even if we try to burn them, it pollutes the atmosphere
7. Each year, an estimated 500 billion to 1 trillion plastic bags are made worldwide. That means that 1 million plastic bags are made each minute, but then billions end up as litter each year. Making plastic bags can lead to exhaustion of oil, because to make a lot of plastic bags, we need a lot of oil. If we reduce oil we could save much more oil. You can actually drive about 460 meters with the oil which is used for only one plastic bag.
8. Plastic bags even kill a lot of marine animals. Plastic bags get blown into the ocean and float around like jelly-fish. A lot of sea-creatures choke and die for mistaking them as their food. Each year, thousands of sea turtles choke on plastic bags after mistaking them for jellyfish, their favourite food. Even other sea critters like sea lions and dolphins have also been found with their stomachs filled with plastic bags!
plastic bags shouldnt be banned because paper bags are a waste of wood for more important things
plastic bags are harmful for us . plastic bags should be banned . we donot
No. All bags should be banned. Only reusable bags should be used.
Plastic bags should not be banned because people use them in everyday life. They are very cheap and they contribute so many things such as school projects, eating, organizing, and storing.
yes! I definitely suggest that plastic bags should be banned because it is not environmentally friendly and may cause harm to children and water life all around the world.YES! plastic bags should be banned for a list of reasons such as it is unfriendly to the environment and may be harmful to children and water life all around the world and also it takes years for plastic bags to break down and besides we're not even able to recycle them.No, because plastic doesn't break as easily as glass and is water-proof.Plastic bags should be banned because babies can die by putting it over their head, and they use them from USED plastic not new plastic and its gross. Also cloth is better.
it can hurt the environment
the Bangladesh government
yes because they kill everything human and fish alike
Plastic shouldn`t be banned. Plastic is fantastic.
It depends... technically if we banned plastic bags (therein, stopping using them) then our Earth would live longer and so would we! It depends... technically if we banned plastic bags (therein, stopping using them) then our Earth would live longer and so would we!
the government of india has banned the use of plastic bags.
mumbai and kolkata
the way plastic bags are so commonly used in every shops and grocery stories , it can be easily concluded that thereis no ban on plastics in delhi.
You can recycle paper bags.
Plastic bags shouldn't be banned because they save the environment.They are worth an impressive amount of money:15 cents. Think about how many peole go to the supermarket. Multiply that by 15 cents. Now that's worth a lot! Also, you can make lots of thigs using plastic. You can change it into plugs, glass flowers, bags, etc.
We should recycle plastic bags because it will stop the animals dying and also save on crude oil.
The primary reason behind the band of plastic is they are not degradable, and are responsible of pollution.Plastic shouldn`t be banned. Plastic is fantastic.
Lol hell no. Why would they be. Look Pakistan is strict but not this much.
Plastic bags can be reused as trash bags for the bathroom trash or to store things in. They should not be used as balloons. They should not be used as floating devices either.
In my opinion they should stop. Any plastic bags that float in rivers release chemicals in the river and kill the plants and fish life. They should resort to reusable bags. Or use paper bags.