Children and the Law
Emancipation and Ages for Moving Out
High School

Your son will turn 18 in October He dropped out of school when he was 16 you live in Michigan and the law states child support would end at age 19 or graduation from high school which ever comes first?

User Avatar
Wiki User
February 04, 2008 6:26AM

Are you sure that's what it says? Normally it states something along the lines of "until the age of 18 OR upon graduation from high school but no later than age 19" meaning if the child's not in high school, it ends at 18. You need to the check the exact wording of the order.