How does an illegal Mexican immigrant become a US Citizen?

already exists.

Would you like to merge this question into it?

already exists as an alternate of this question.

Would you like to make it the primary and merge this question into it?

exists and is an alternate of .

1. Move back to Mexico. if you voluntarily self-deport, the 3 and 10 year time bars do not apply.
2. Apply for a for a legal immigration visa at the US Embassy. There are many categories under which you can apply. It helps if you are educated and/or have a valuable skill. Another method is to apply as a legal guest worker, then later adjust to legal resident status.
3. Wait your turn in line for the visa, just like everyone else in the world does. Some Filipinos wait 22 years for an F4 family immigration visa.
4. Once you have the visa, move to the US.
5. After 5 years of living in the US, if you have not committed any crimes or used welfare, you can apply for US Citizenship. But first you have to ask yourself what you feel in your heart, are you an American or a Mexican?
6. Take and pass the Citizenship test.
7. Be sworn in as as US Citizen. Be sure to renounce all allegiance to Mexico, and don't plan on later applying for dual Mexican-US citizenship, otherwise you could loose your US citizenship.

The Diversity Immigrant Visa lottery does not apply to Mexicans, so no, you cannot go back home and apply for a workers visa, this is a lie.

In addition, #7 is not completely true. It's actually very difficult to lose your US citizenship once obtained, short of committing treason. Basically, the only way you can lose it is to voluntarily renounce it, which is a complicated procedure.

In Afroyim v. Rusk, the US Supreme Court declared that you cannot automatically lose your citizenship by doing something a citizen of a foreign country would do (in Afroyim's case, he moved to Israel and voted in their elections); in 1980, because of the Afroyim verdict, President Carter ended the treaties that made naturalizing in a foreign country an automatic loss of citizenship event.
44 people found this useful

If a US citizen marries a Mexican illegal immigrant in Mexico who has been deported twice and lived in the US under a false identity can he move back to the US with his spouse and become a US citizen?

Answer . \nNot until he/she gets a green card or at least permission by the USCIS, based on your marriage in Mexico. Now about the name jumble: It would be in his/her favor

How does an illegal immigrant that marries a US citizen become legal?

Not necessarily. If the immigrant in question was inspected upon entry (meaning they originally entered legally and overstayed a visa) and do not have any criminal convictio

How can an illegal immigrant become a US citizen?

Answer . \nA foreign national who is unlawfully present within the US cannot apply for permanent residency or citizenship unless her or she qualifies as a refugee or asyle

How do Mexican immigrants become American citizens?

Answer . That totally depends on if the immigrant is legal or illegal. if the came on a visa they can do an adjustment of status. if the came illegally the must have a pot

Does an illegal immigrant become legal if he marries a US citizen?

Possibly, but if you've been in the US over a year illegally or you've been convicted of a crime, you will most likely be denied a visa. You will then need to apply for the I-

How can an illegal immigrant become a legal citizen?

Answer There is no easy way.I have been ill over loosing my boyfriend who was deported after being here illegally 9yrs.The gov. does not see it even in the eyes of a child

How do Mexicans illegally immigrate to the US?

Mexicans illegally cross the border to the US by digging holes underneath it and climbing through. Some succeed, but many don't because there are Immigrant Officers on Border

Why don't illegal immigrants become citizens?

Unless the illegal immigrants are able to provide enough evidence to attain refugee or asylum status, it is IMPOSSIBLE for an illegal immigrant to become a citizen under curre

If a us citizen marries a Mexican illegal immigrant in the us and has 20 years of deportation can he still get the green card and become a resident of the US?

to my knowledge, if you as an American citizen are LEGALLY married to an illegal, all that you have to do is go to your local immigration office and apply for his residency. i