What would you like to do?
What is the average cost of having 3 wisdom teeth pulled if you have to be put to sleep to have it done?
Out of personal experience it cost me about $2000. Cost of Having Wisdom Teeth Pulled
Here are answers and opinions from FAQ Farmers:
- I would say it is probably about 2000 dollars. Or more possibly. And just a side note, it won't be too much more to have the 4th one taken out at the same time, if you have it. And it will be much better for you in the long run.
- It could be a lot less than that if you had the right plan and I am not talking insurance. I am talking a discount card that cost less than insurance and save you more money than no insurance at all.
- My doctor charged 460 per tooth for extraction and 260 for IV sedation.
- Having four wisdom teeth pulled will cost 2133.00 at the place I am having it done. I will also have general anesthesia.
- I got my wisdom teeth pulled in Brazil while I was there as it was much cheaper. I paid $600 for pulling my four wisdom teeth.
- To have all four of mine, plus IV sedation, and gas, it was $1100CA. It would have been $50 cheaper if I had it done in a hospital, but being in a hospital would mean total sedation and I'd loose all my piercings. Price really depends on experience and qualifications.
- I just got all 4 of my wisdom teeth yesterday. I have absolutely no pain at all. I am taking penicillin and ibuprofen, but I have not experienced pain yet. To take out all four of my wisdom teeth, it cost $295 for all 4 because we have insurance. It's a good thing we have insurance or else it would of cost over $1200. (Don't listen to what your friends say, because it does not hurt. For best results, be put to sleep because you do not feel a thing).
- I didn't pay a thing to have mine out, I've looked after the computers for my dentist for years. You don't need any sort of general sedation, only local. I just had to find my "happy place" while they were being pulled, it only took a few minutes each. Believe it or not but in my experience it hurts more while having a filling.
- My girlfriend just got 2 (bottom) wisdom teeth pulled today, in Medellin Colombia. It cost 300,000 COP (about $125). She had the top 2 pulled a few months back, and it was cheaper (they came out easy). For about $400 round trip from Miami, $200 to have teeth pulled, you still have quite a bit left over for a vacation, hotels, etc. to enjoy another country.
- I would recommend carefully considering the need for sedation, which our Marin, California dentist was trying to "sell" us at around $500! My kid had three teeth that were not impacted and one that was slightly. We refused the sell job on the sedation and my son said the procedure was nothing to worry about. It took 20 minutes and we saved a lot. I'm also pretty sure that sedation is not covered by many insurance companies. It is probably because it is not necessary. Let's face it, if you have impacted teeth and are going to be sitting there with your mouth open for an hour or more, then maybe sedation is the way to go. If not, don't be sold on something that is not necessary. I was shocked at the line of BS we were given to try and get us to go for the $500 pop. Unethical in my opinion.
my son needs his out. for 4 teeth $1900.00
i just got all 4 of mine taken out today with IV total sedation. it cost me 424.60 but i think insurance took care of most of the price
331 people found this useful
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
Answer . You can drink anything you want. Keep the gauze in there for as long as the dentist told you. If your worried about infection. Rinse with water and salt solution a…fter every meal to keep the particles of food out of the hole until it seals itself.. Answer . You can drink anything you want, preferably at room temperature. Try not to spit during the first few days. Also rinse with water and salt only a day after your surgery.. If you are being prescribed antibiotics or pain killers, do not drink alcohol.. Answer . You shouldn't drink any soft drinks (such as Coke, Pepsi, etc.) for a few days after the surgery as they can hurt the healing process.
You should absolutely not smoke anything for at least a week after surgery, and preferably two or three weeks. It can result in dry socket, where the clot over the removed too…th is dislodged. Smoking also puts hot, fine particles in your mouth which may cause infection. Mouthwash will not help with either of these problems; quite the contrary, using mouthwash is also not advised for the first few days as it can cause or contribute to dry socket. If you must smoke due to some severe addiction (rare with marijuana, more frequent with tobacco), try to wait at least a few days (3-5) and be careful not to suck vigorously. Nicotine patches may help you avoid the urge to smoke during this period. Some suggestion has been made that use of antiseptic mouthwashes would be net benefit to help prevent infection when smoking after several days, though care should be taken again to minimize movement at the affected area. If at all possible, just don't smoke anything until the wound has healed.
Answer . The average cost for having two teeth extracted is around two to three hundred dollars. It all depends on the location of the tooth. Obviously a tooth in the poste…rior of your mouth is going to be more expensive to the the fact that it is more prone to being surgically removed, and the fact that it may have three roots. You may want to see if you qualify for assistance with dental cost at your local health department. You may also want to check out any dental colleges that are local to you, they may even do your extractions for free!
It depends on where you live because some places cost less than others, and how bad your teeth are. If they just pull them out it would cost less then if they had to drill dee…p in your jaw because they grew in funny. Also it depends on the type of insureance that you have and how much they would pay for the surgery.
Shouldn't be any reason you can't, but you may have one big headache! It will make your head throb.
I had my first wisdom tooth taken out at a dentil hospital/school where I don't think the 'dentist' had ever done it before. It was absolutely horrible. . However when I had …my second one out at a 'proper' dentist it was far less painful. . I think it will depend on each invidual case.
No, it is not necessary unless they are badly impacted which means growing in the wrong direction.
I just had 2 teeth pulled today. They were my top wisdom teeth. Now I hate pain so i suppose your experience will vary. It hurt. It was not excruciating because they did numb …me. But I did feel the pulling and tugging and even felt my tooth break. What I believe hurt the most was my jaw. The teeth hurt just a bit. I do have a headache and im dizzy. I cried about 30 min after I had it done and my mouth feels like someone has punched me. I took 2 hydros but im still hurting and now im tired lol. I will return after I have my bottom 2 dug out and tell you about that.
Well I am not a doctor or dentist but I had four wisdom teeth removed 5 days ago by an oral surgeon and I was "put to sleep" The process took less than an hour and I was fine.… With any anesthesia there can be risk involved. Go to your oral surgeon for a consultation and they can review those with you.
Most wisdom teeth are pulled out with local anesthesia. Rare cases of very afraid people has been put asleep.
No - answering as a patient here. If your awake the Dentist has to be careful about what they do (which is still rough - wisdom teeth are firmly attached to the rest of you). …If your out, they can work hard and fast to finish the job. Good Luck!
Being put to sleep is not really much to worry about. I have had it done couple of times for operation's. It simply boils down to the anesthesiologist saying count backwards f…rom ten and the next thing you know you are awake again without a sense of any time having passed. Its nothing to worry about. Believe me its a lot better then being awake while they are gauging around in your mouth.
What is the average cost of having 3 wisdom teeth pulled if you have to be put to sleep to have it don?
im not sure about having you put to sleep but each tooth can be about 1900 for extrction. i had insurance coverage for my 4 extractions but I still had to pay 20% of the whole… total which was about 381 per tooth, almost 1600 for all 4. good luck on your removal- it's not a pleasant one!
Yes it does hurt afterwards because most of the time they areimpacted and they have to cut them out. But iv sedation is the bestway to go and if you find a good oral surgeon t…hey will hook you upwith pain killers for afterwards Well most times you're put to sleep.. so you feel nothing until youwake up and then of course it will hurt while it heals
why dont you have the numbing because i did when i was 5 years old i had the 3 teeth out because they got infected or somthing like that. but if you dont want the numbing its …proberly 50-100Â£ or more. with numbing you dont feel any pain what so ever. but if you have some kind of allergy to the numbing stuff i guess yu cant do that.