What would you like to do?
What is the recommended daily intake of fiber for adults?
35 grams Answer According to the American Heart Association, the average American takes in 15 grams of fiber. Several organizations recommend 25 - 30 grams a day. The American Dietetic association recommends 25 - 35 grams a day. If your intake is 15 grams or less and you want to increase your fiber intake, increase it gradually. If you jump from 15 to 35 grams a day, it may cause stomach cramping and gas.
122 people found this useful
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
Recommended daily fibre intake is between 20 and 30 grams per day.
The recommended about of fiber that you can take daily is 25 grams.This is the dosage for adults only.
The Recommended Daily Intake (RDA) of Sodium for adults is 6g. Note that the RDA is only a guideline, and exact amounts differ from person to person.
Daily Recommended Fiber Intake . Women 25 grams per day, for women younger than 50 21 grams per day, for women older than 50. Men 38 grams per day, for men younger tha…n 50 30 grams per day, for men older than 50
It is very difficult to place a digit on how much energy one should consume daily as many lifestyle, age and genetic factors affect this however basically: the more active you… are the more energy you need. I have put down a few numbers to give you some sort of a scale however it really depends on the individual. The way to fin out if you are taking in to much energy is to look down at your tummy and honestly use common sense (you don't have to be smart to tell whether you are fat). If you don't have enough time to exercise, make time or reduce the kilojoules. (I included a child to give a greater perspective). Average adult: 8700 KJ Overweight/less active:
The daily "Dietary Reference Intake" for fiber is 19 grams forchildren ages 1-3 years old, 25 for 4-8, 31 for males 9-13, and 26for females 9-13. Good sources of fiber include… the following: Whole grains (whole wheat bread, whole grain cereal, bran [likeraisin bran], brown rice); berries; black beans; lentils; and splitpeas. Whole foods in general, like fruits, grains, and vegetableshave a good amount of fiber.
25 to 40 grams per day, be sure to increase your water intake as well. 25 % should be soluble (easily dissolved) 5% insoluble. The typical person eats 12 to 15 grams per day. …Fiber supplements (Fibersure, Benefiber,etc.) can be taken to help achieve your goal.
Based on a 2000 calorie a day intake, the total carbs are 300 grams and total fiber is 25 grams
Fibers as such are not required. Fibers are not digested as such and consist of little nutritional value. It is still a good idea though to eat food rich in fibers. This… will help ensure a healthy dietary system, stomach and intestines will work better if they have something to work on. Between 25-35 grams of fibers are recommended on a daily basis (a normal adult).
It's generally recommended that most of the population consume about 25-35g of fiber per day.
recommends eating 25-35 g of fiber daily. A person can meet this fiber requirement by
a recommended daily diet for a adult is a balanced diet of vegetables,carbohydrates, and protein
Since I do not know the reason for this question, I am giving you some work to do. Given recommendations that people's fat intake should contribute 20 to 35 percent of total f…ood energy and carbohydrate intake should contribute 45 to 65 percent, that leaves 10 to 35 percent for Protein. In a 2000 kcalorie diet, that represents 200 to 700 kcalories from protein, or 50 to 175 grams. The protein RDA (Recommended Dietary Allowances) for adults is 0.8 grams per kilogram of healthy body weight per day. I highly recommend that you speak to your family physician or local Registered Dietitian for any further advise.
Depends. You can't give a specific value that fits everyone. It depends on your activity level, weight, height, age and body fat percentage. If you put these all values to a T…DEE calculator (which you can find by Googling "TDEE Calculator") you will get the Total Daily Energy Expenditure that basically means what is your needed energy intake.
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) recommends that, per day,you consume: . 2 litres for Women . 2.5 litres for Men This fluid can come from all form of drinks… and even moisture fromfood, but it is only a guideline. Exercising or any other form ofphysical exertion will use up your water supplies, and so should bereplenished whenever you feel thirsty.