This category is for questions about how one would go about consuming the correct nutrients in food and in correct amounts. Questions about which foods and nutrients can cause fluctuations in weight can also be found here.
How many grams of carbs are recommended per day?
Carbs are not bad for you as long as you are active. For eg. if you are into bread and are eating like 5 loaves of bread per day then maybe you should get off the couch and go for walk. If you are eating a moderate amount of bread per day then you do not have to really worry. Your body will do what it is supposed to do and process it for you. You just need to be really honest with yourself and admit to yourself what you already know but your are trying to find a lupul around it. If you overeat to a point that your body is having a hard time processing it then you will gain a lot of wait and you should help your body by going for a very long walks depending on what you ate. 1 hour walk minimum. The best way to test this is to try it and see. At the end of the day no one can tell you what you already know to be true. Stop looking for excuses.
Is breakfast the most important meal of the day?
More research is needed to get a conclusive answer, but some studies have suggested that eating a nutritious meal in the morning does help to kickstart your metabolism. Nutritious is the keyword here, as thereâs obviously a big difference between eggs and donuts when it comes to a beneficial breakfast. Itâs also been shown that going without breakfast is associated with a higher Body Mass Index. The weight aspect aside, most experts seem to be in favor of a well-balanced breakfast that includes protein, whole grain, and a fruit or vegetable.
However, the tagline "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" was actually coined by cereal companies as a marketing tactic, so itâs fair to be a little skeptical of breakfastâs supposed benefits. And whatâs more, thereâs some research to back up that skepticism—one recent review found no significant weight management benefits to eating breakfast.
"The key message is that if a person likes to eat breakfast, that is fine. However, there is no evidence that we should be encouraging people to change their eating pattern to include breakfast in order to prevent weight gain or obesity," Flavia Cicuttini, senior author of the review, said.
How many calories in nuts?
- calories in cashew nuts
- calories in almonds
- calories in peanuts
- calories in hazelnuts,
please see the page links, further down this page, listed under Related Questions.
How to lose belly fat?
How to lose stomach fat?
Pray to God for help. Then take up cutting lawns with an old fashion lawn mower! Since they are pushed with the arms and stomach, the fat wears away! Our stomachs can become as hard as rocks.
How can you gain weight quickly and easily?
One can gain weights by eating excessively. One can also gain weight without enough exercise. Too much fatty foods can also lead to weight gain.
How many grams of fat should you eat per day?
- It generally is figured as a percentage of your daily caloric intake, which varies with your age, sex, and activity level. Additionally, you should pay attention to the type of fat, avoiding saturated fats, and getting your allotment mostly in unsaturated (mostly vegetable) fats and fish oils. The new USDA Food Pyramid is a pretty good and workable guide, unlike the old ones.
- Assuming you're trying to lose weight, try to shoot for 30-35 grams of fat a day, it may take a few weeks to discipline yourself down to that but it works.
- The American Heart Association recommends limiting dietary fat to 30% of total calories, however, if you are overweight, need to lower blood cholesterol or have another medical concern, you may need less than the recommended 30%. Ask your health care professional what percentage of fat is right for you.
- The average person should have about 85- 100 grams of fat per day. If you are on a diet you should have about 60 grams of fat per day.
- The United States Health Department states the following on their site: A 1,600 calorie per day diet: 18 grams of saturated fat or less, 53 grams of fat or less. A 2,000 calorie per day diet: 20 grams of saturated fat or less, 65 grams of fat or less. A 2,200 calorie per day diet: 24 grams of saturated fat or less, 73 grams of fat or less. A 2,500 calorie per day diet: 25 grams of saturated fat or less, 80 grams of fat or less . A 2,800 calorie per day diet: 31 grams of saturated fat or less, 93 grams of fat or less. Keep in mind that most women should have a diet of no more than 2,000 calories/day, men no more than 2,500/day.) If you are trying to lose weight, 30 grams of fat. If you are a young teenager about 40-65 grams of fat. Consuming more than 65 grams of fat a day is unhealthy, an adult should have 65 grams or a little less simple. Just don't eat too much and eat fats sparingly.
How many calories does the 'plank' exercise burn?
A perfectly performed plank - held for 60 seconds - will burn between 15 and 20 calories (according to Wii Fit Plus).
What is iatrogenic malnutrition?
Iatrogenic malnutrition is a protein-calorie malnutrition brought on by treatments, medications and hospitalization.
Iatrogenic: induced inadvertently ( accidentally) by a doctor, medical treatment or diagnostic procedures.
How many calories are in a whole hazelnut?
1 hazelnut has approximately 10 calories.
Why eat chicken?
Chickens are inexpensive however very rich in protein(19g in 100g portion) whereas lower in fat then other meats (15g in 100g portion). The meat also contains high amounts of B complex vitamins and different essential minerals.
What does the expression You are what you eat mean?
It refers to the importance of eating good food. If you have a healthy diet, you will be a healthy person. If you eat unhealthy food, your body will take damage. On the other hand it does not mean that you will get fat by eating fat or liquid by eating soup.
Can green potato chips make you sick?
Technically, yes, but you’d have to eat such a large amount of them that it’s not worth worrying about.
First, let’s understand why parts of potatoes turn green. Potatoes, for the most part, are grown underground, but occasionally, a small part might be exposed to sunlight. Those exposed parts turn green as chlorophyll begins to form. Although most of these colorful outliers don’t make it onto the grocery store shelves, the occasional green potato might go overlooked, and this is why you might see a slice in one of your snack bags.
In terms of safety, chlorophyll is both tasteless and nontoxic. However, as a potato turns green, conditions are right for it to synthesize a glycoalkaloid poison called solanine, which potatoes produce to defend against insects and predators. Ingesting large amounts of solanine can cause vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, headaches, and a slew of other unpleasant symptoms—including death. The good news is that those toxic levels would equate to eating several pounds of green potatoes.
Long story short, the moderate solanine formation in one or two errant potato chips is not enough to do any harm.
How is nutrients used by your body?
Nutrients are used for hydration, metabolic function, enzymes, transport, repair, maintenance, energy, growth, development, insulation.
Nutrients include water, fat, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and protein.
How many calories in a Portuguese bun?
On average, 1 Portuguese bun contains 100-200 calories.
How many lemons should you eat a day?
Not too many. As they can erode your enamel on your teeth, You can add a couple of lemon slices to a pitcher of water and drink it throughout the day to have some flavoured water.
How many carbs daily on a low carb diet?
HOW MANY CARBS DAILY ON A LOW CARB DIET
So, how many carbs daily on a low carb diet?
Well, the usual number of carbohydrates for a low carb diet ranges from 20 to 50 grams daily. However, the answer for individuals varies according to how difficult he or she finds it to lose weight and how insulin resistant they are. Many people have a degree of insulin resistance, often without being aware of it. In which case they will gain weight very easily and find it very hard to lose weight despite their best efforts.
If the above sounds like you, then start at the low end of the carbs per day range. Experiment and discover what amount works well for you as an individual. Sometimes the carb allowance can be as high as 70 grams of carbohydrate per day. However, 70 grams is very generous for a low carb diet and usually only for those who are engaging in regular weight training and intense cardio exercise.
Get your carbohydrates from natural sources such as non-starchy leafy green vegetables, and broccoli, and low carb fruits such as berries. Unlike protein and fat, there is no minimum daily requirement of carbohydrates in order to flourish physically, or to sustain life, but they do have many beneficial phytochemicals and fiber, so eating some is fine (as long as they are unprocessed) and within your daily carbohydrates allowance.
Apart from an occasional treat, strictly avoid refined processed carbohydrates. Over-consumption of refined processed carbohydrates is a major cause of weight gain, obesity, heart disease, insulin resistance, borderline or type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and many other diet related conditions and diseases. For a list of these foods, use the page link, given at the bottom of this answer.
Replace refined processed carbohydrates withspecific fat burning proteins foods and make good use of the fat burning thermic effect of these foods. If you are unsure what these foods are, at the bottom of this answer you will find a page link leading to a list of fat burning proteins and more detailed information about the thermic effect of these foods.
It can also help to understand your own body type. An ectomorph (thin person) can eat more carbs than an endomorph (fatter person) who can only consume very few carbs without gaining weight. A mesomorph can consume an amount in between the two. In addition, time your carbs: Consume carbs before workouts or periods of activity. However, consume less carbs during the evening.
Well, as we know, carbohydrates are a source of energy. If we consume carbs and then sleep, the body cannot adequately use up the energy consumed. Therefore, consume your carbs before high physical activity hours and keep intake very low, or nil, during low activity hours or nighttime.
Many people who have not had success on a low calorie diet find that a low carb diet works best for them. This reason for this is not only insulin resistance but also many people are addicted to refined processed carbohydrates, often without being aware of it (and admittedly they are deliciously addictive). Two recent excellent books on this subject that show you how to deal with it step-by-step, using low carbohydrate foods, and specific fat burning proteins, are Compulsive Overeating Help, and the Belly Fat Blast.
HOW MANY CARBS DAILY ON A LOW CARB DIET, SUMMARY
For the lists, charts, plans, and further information use the page links given below.
- List of Refined Processed Carbohydrates (to avoid apart from an occasional treat)
- Fat Burning Foods (to replace the refined processed carbohydrates), and more information about the fat burning thermic effect of these foods
- Carbohydrates in Fruits Chart (use as a daily guide for weight loss or weight maintenance)
- Carbohydrates in Vegetables Chart (use as a daily guide for weight loss or weight maintenance)
- How to Use the Low Carb Foods
498 people + others elsewhere found the 'how many carbs daily on a low carb diet' answer page useful.
Video: Refined processed carbs are addictive
How many calories do you need per day?
HOW MANY CALORIES DO YOU NEED PER DAY
So, how many calories do you need per day? Well, here are example guidelines for weight loss, weight maintenance or weight gain. It all depends on your current body weight, body composition, level of activity, and your health status, and of course, most of all, whether you want to:
1. lose weight
2. maintain weight
3. gain weight.
Calories Per Day General Guidelines (because we do not know your individual health status)
- 2,500 calories per day for men (more if you are very active)
- 2,000 calories per day for women (more if you are very active)
- If you need to lose weight, start by eating 300 to 500 less calories per day and exercise more
- Some people like to find a professional trainer to give them a precise calorie intake.
- In addition, cardio exercise is excellent for health or weight loss.
For the free Fruit and Vegetable Calorie Charts that are used as daily guides for weight loss or weight maintenance, see the page links at the bottom of this answer. You can use the above guidelines to start with. Women and men will need between 1,700 to 2,200 calories per day to provide enough energy.
Whether you want to maintain weight, lose weight, or gain weight, where your calories come from is CRUCIAL.
Eliminate, or strictly limit, calories from refined processed carbohydrates (apart from an occasional treat). Over-consumption of refined processed carbohydrates is a major cause of heart disease, hypertension, insulin resistance, obesity, type 2 diabetes, and many other diet related diseases. Replace those refined carbohydrates with more of the specific fat burning proteins. By doing that you take full advantage of the thermic effect of those foods. They are a far more nutritious source of calories for optimum health, weight loss, or weight maintenance.
If you are unsure what these two food types are, at the bottom of this answer, you will find a page link leading to a list of refined processed carbohydrates and a page link leading to a list of fat burning foods, with more detailed information about the thermic effect of food.
For the free 'how many calories do you need per day' charts, list, and plans to help you, at your own pace, use the page links given below.
1. Free Calories in Fruit Chart (for either weight loss or weight maintenance)
2. Free Calories in Vegetables Chart (for either weight loss or weight maintenance)
3. List of Refined Processed Carbohydrates (high calorie unhealthy foods to avoid or limit for either good health, weight maintenance, or weight loss)
4. List of Fat Burning Foods (to replace refined processed carbohydrates) and more about the excellent fat-burning thermic effect of these foods
5. More information about the calories needed per day
212 + others elsewhere, found the 'how many calories do you need per day' answer page useful.
Video: calorie wrap recipe to boost your energy
What has more calories a tangerine or a clementine?
A tangerine has more calories. It has 50 calories, and the clementine only has 35.
How many calories are in a safeway apple fritter?
There are approximately 245 calories in a safeway apple fritter.
How many calories in a half cup cornstarch?
There are 232 kcal in a half cup of cornstarch.
Is eating raw rice unhealthy in any way?
Here is more advice and input
- If you soak the rice in warm water for a few hours, it will absorb the water and will not expand in the stomach.
- It's also probably not the best for your teeth.
- Actually, if you don't boil the rice, you will receive more nutrition. The only problem is the swelling of the rice inside your body. Don't eat too much!
- Also try soaking with lemon juice or vinegar or whey. this will decrease the anti-nutrients.
- If left out for more than 45 minutes, don't eat it or you'll get food poisoning.
- Yes, eating uncooked rice is bad for you. I've had an experience with eating uncooked rice and I guess I just got addicted to the taste. I kept eating it and eating it, until my blood level just dropped. To the point where I had to be hospitalized for anemia because of eating uncooked rice. They had to do a blood transfusion on me because I was really pale. Take it from someone with experience: Eating uncooked rice is very unhealthy. Trust me... you will slowly get sick.
- From my experience from eating dry rice yes, you do lose a lot of blood; something in the rice makes your menstruation longer. It just keeps making the blood flow out every time you eat dry rice.
- I ate a pound of dry rice once for a bet. I was a bit tipsy at the time, but it was okay - though I felt a bit funny in the morning. I guess something was going on in my tummy.
If, however, you do eat raw (uncooked) rice:
If you do eat raw rice, chew well, very well (several minutes per mouthful) not just a few chews or even just a few dozen chews. This will minimize the swelling in your stomach (the swelling will already have occurred in your mouth while you were chewing).
In what month do Americans drink the least milk?
Probably one of the summer months. It's not very refreshing to drink milk in the heat.
How long do you have to run to burn off 150 calories?
If your move faster then you then your will burn more calories. People can Burn 150 calories by running at a pace of 8 miles an hour for 10 minutes.
It depends on your BMI, BMR, how fast you run and where you are running.
On average however if you weigh 150 lbs and run for 8 minutes at speed of 10 mph - that should burn approx. 150 kcal.
What foods trigger fat burning hormones?
In relation to fat burning hormones and how to lose body fat, the best natural tactics for obtaining and sustaining a well-balanced endocrine system are specific fat burning foods with correct nutrition, correct strength training, and sufficient rest. There are safe and natural tactics to manipulate hormones for fat burning and weight loss. Food is excellent medicine. To learn more about fat burning foods and fat burning hormones, see this free Internet resource: