Dieting and Weight Loss
Have questions about or need advice on what you should be eating and how to lose weight? What works for you or what doesn’t? This is the place to be to learn about the facts and the fads in what is almost a national pastime these days.
Easiest way to lose lower stomach fat?
If You Want To Lose Your Fat, You Need To Do Three Things
First, take a healthy diet, don't eat sugar products like soft drinks, ice cream, chocolates, etc.
Second, the most important exercise, do a different type of exercise like crunches, leg raise, squats, reverse crunches, push up, and many more exercises. If you don't have too much time to exercise hiring a personal trainer in London is the better option for you. He/she will take you towards your fitness goals.
Third, last but not least rest, rest takes the major role to lose weight.
More info visit us at myhomepersonaltrainer.co.uk
Is breakfast the most important meal of the day?
More research is needed to get a conclusive answer, but some studies have suggested that eating a nutritious meal in the morning does help to kickstart your metabolism. Nutritious is the keyword here, as thereâs obviously a big difference between eggs and donuts when it comes to a beneficial breakfast. Itâs also been shown that going without breakfast is associated with a higher Body Mass Index. The weight aspect aside, most experts seem to be in favor of a well-balanced breakfast that includes protein, whole grain, and a fruit or vegetable.
However, the tagline "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" was actually coined by cereal companies as a marketing tactic, so itâs fair to be a little skeptical of breakfastâs supposed benefits. And whatâs more, thereâs some research to back up that skepticism—one recent review found no significant weight management benefits to eating breakfast.
"The key message is that if a person likes to eat breakfast, that is fine. However, there is no evidence that we should be encouraging people to change their eating pattern to include breakfast in order to prevent weight gain or obesity," Flavia Cicuttini, senior author of the review, said.
How many calories are in eggs?
Yes, 72 calories but dietitians believe that brown eggs are healthier than white egg and for those looking to get their fair share of protein and at the same time wanting to keep in check things like calories and cholesterol then brown eggs are a better option for those.
Foods that increase metabolism?
FOODS THAT INCREASE METABOLISM
So, what are foods that increase metabolism?
Well, that is an interesting topic. It needs to be answered in sections because it depends on how far you want to boost your metabolism. You can add additional metabolism boosters through specific exercises if you are able-bodied. Nonetheless, you can still effectively use foods to increase metabolism if unable to exercise.
Therefore, lets begin with food and then move on to exercise.
A. The foods that increase metabolism are specific fat burning proteins because of the excellent "thermic effect" of these foods.
B. The foods that slow down metabolism are the refined processed carbohydrates.
If you are unsure what these types of foods are, at the bottom of this answer there are page links to a list of the specific fat burning proteins, plus detailed information about the thermic effect of these foods, and a link leading to a full list of refined processed carbohydrates.
Consuming the specific fat burning proteins, and eliminating refined processed carbohydrates (apart from an occasional treat) is an important part of achieving fat loss, and optimum health.
Over-consumption of refined processed carbohydrates will slow down your metabolism and negatively affect your health.
Moreover, over-consumption of refined processed carbohydrates is a major cause of heart disease, weight gain, obesity, insulin resistance, fat accumulating around the stomach or abdomen area, type 2 diabetes, borderline diabetes, hypertension, and many other diet related conditions and diseases.
FOODS THAT INCREASE METABOLISM KEY IDEAS ABOUT NUTRITION
- The "thermic effect" of food (how hard your body has to work to deal with a particular food)
- The order of macronutrients your body prefers to use
- How to boost your metabolic rate
The three macronutrients of food are proteins, fats and carbohydrates. The caloric cost for your body to use them differs. In relation to the thermic effect, refined processed carbohydrates and fats have only a 3% rate (approximately). This means that it requires only 3 calories for your body to use/burn 100 calories of refined carbohydrates and fats.
Some specific proteins, however, have up to a 30% rate! Hence, they are often referred to as fat burning proteins or the foods that increase metabolism. Moreover, some proteins are even better than other proteins are. Those are the super-charged proteins. You will find them all on the fat burning proteins page link at the bottom of this answer.
GUIDELINES ON USING & AVOIDING FOODS
The overall approach outlined on this page, and given in more detail via the page links at the bottom of this answer, is excellent for losing body fat, gaining more energy andboosting your metabolism. By making it habitual, you will lose body fat and you will keep it off. You will also be on your way to achieving optimum health!
First, eat a small meal about every three waking hours. Each of those five or six meals should contain at least 20 grams of protein per feeding for a male and at least 15 grams per feeding for a female. The proteins from natural sources (see the fat burning foods list) have good fats. Therefore, you do not need to worry about those fats.
Second, eliminate or strictly limit refined processed carbohydrates (apart from an occasional treat).
The diseases often referred to as diseases of Western civilization became pervasive in developed countries in the twentieth century primarily because of a diet high in refined processed carbohydrates. Our ancestors did not have these foods in their diets. Those foods did not yet exist.
Third, if you wish to lose body fat allow yourself 20 to 50 grams of carbohydrates daily. Experiment, and decide how strict you need to be. Unlike protein and fat, there is no minimum daily requirement for carbohydrate for good health or to sustain life.
In other words, you would die if you did not eat protein and fats (this is why low fat diets can be detrimental to health).However, you would not die if you did not consume carbohydrates. Hence, there is no minimum daily requirement for carbohydrate. Nonetheless, natural carbohydrates such as vegetables and fruit have many beneficial phytochemicals and fiber, so eating some is fine. Get your carbohydrates from natural sources such as (preferably organic) unprocessed non-starchy vegetables such as leafy green vegetables, leafy green salad vegetables, and just a very few low carbohydrate (low sugar) fruits such as berries.
By itself, eating this way, and using the foods that increase metabolism, will boost your metabolic rate. In addition, drink plenty of fresh, clean water to help your body with the fat burning foods and the thermic effect of those foods. Individual needs vary. However, consuming at least 3 quarts of fresh water daily may be about right for you.
METABOLISM GUIDELINES FOR FOODS AND EXERCISE
In addition to the food guidelines, if you are able-bodied, you can add more metabolism boosters such as exercise. You can learn about these specific exercises, in more detail, by using the page links, leading to the free exercise plans, at the bottom of this answer.
For example, strength/weight training will increase muscle and more muscle will burn more calories, and allow you to eat more without gaining weight.
Muscle can be your METABOLIC FURNACE that burns extra calories 24 hours a day and not just when exercising. Do not worry; you don't have to build huge muscles (unless for some reason you want to).
In addition, cardiovascular (cardio) exercise will boost metabolism (burn calories) during and immediately after exercise.
Cardio exercise ranges from mild to intense. Any exercise, sport or activity that increases your heart and respiration rate for a specific period is cardio exercise. Brisk walking is an example of mild cardio exercise. Intense cardio exercises include running, interval training, and graded exercise protocol. Intense fitness training must always be brief.
If you are able, do intense cardio two or three times per week in addition to two weight/strength training sessions per week. That's less than two hours of exercise per week. If you are not yet doing intense cardio, start with GXP. You can learn more about all this, at the bottom of this answer, by using the page link leading to the free intense cardio exercise plan.
If you are new to exercise, you may wish to begin with mild cardio, and then move on to intense. As stated earlier, an example of mild cardio is brisk walking (outdoors or on a treadmill). In total, there are page links to three cardio exercise plans (one easier plan, one slightly harder plan, and one intense plan) listed at the bottom of this answer.
If you are too overweight to exercise comfortably, simply begin with the specific fat burning proteins that speed up metabolism and avoid the refined processed carbohydrates (apart from an occasional treat). When you have lost enough fat to exercise comfortably you can then add exercises to your program.
FOODS THAT INCREASE METABOLISM, SUMMARY
For the free food lists, plans, exercises, and step-by-step guidelines, to guide you at your own pace, use the page links given below:
- WHAT ARE FOODS THAT INCREASE METABOLISM, more detailed information
- LIST OF REFINED PROCESSED CARBOHYDRATES that slow down metabolism
- THE SPECIFIC FAT BURNING PROTEINS, & more about the thermic effect of food
- TWO MILD CARDIO EXERCISE PLANS to increase metabolism
- INTENSE CARDIO EXERCISE PLAN to increase metabolism
- FOODS THAT SPEED METABOLISM EXTRAS
- WEIGHT/STRENGTH TRAINING exercises (used in conjunction metabolism foods) suitable for beginners or more advanced, male or female, young or old
367 people, + other below, found the 'foods that increase metabolism' page useful.
(You may wish to seek the approval of your own physician/doctor/GP before changing exercise or eating habits, especially if you already have a known condition or disease)
*Paleolithic (Paleo) foods speed up metabolism
How to lose belly fat?
How to lose stomach fat?
Pray to God for help. Then take up cutting lawns with an old fashion lawn mower! Since they are pushed with the arms and stomach, the fat wears away! Our stomachs can become as hard as rocks.
What are fat burning foods?
Your weight loss diet is a crucial component of fat loss. About 75% of the success or failure will be attributed to the foods and drinks you consume.
However, a diet is not a simple deprivation of certain foods. It`s a lifestyle decision, so you should choose to change the food you eat, the amount, and the frequency of your meals.
The following 14 foods are the best ones you can consume when trying to burn excess fat and lose weight:
Green tea is one of the best ways to help the fat-burning process. It is rich in caffeine and EGCG or Epigallocatechin gallate, both of which help weight loss.
weight loss diet
Pomegranate is rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, and potassium. The high fiber content helps digestion, and the dietary nitrates boost blood flow and improve exercise performance.
Cruciferous vegetables such as arugula, broccoli, Bok choy, collard greens, kale, daikon radish, watercress, radish, turnip, and mustard greens are excellent for weight loss. They are low in fat and calories, but high in vitamin A, vitamin C, folic acid, carotenoids, and fiber.
Cinnamon is a potent antioxidant-rich food that powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Positively affects weight, lowers fasting blood glucose levels, and LDL cholesterol, and boosts lean muscle mass.
Avocados are low in sugar, but rich in monounsaturated fats which energize the body and accelerate metabolism.
Coconut oil is abundant in fatty acids that lower cholesterol, improve brain function, and reduce epilepsy seizures. The saturated fats are mostly medium-chain triglycerides (or MCT). They are easily digested by the body and quickly converted to energy.
If you want to read more, check my blog. Link in Bio
How many grams of fat should you eat per day?
- It generally is figured as a percentage of your daily caloric intake, which varies with your age, sex, and activity level. Additionally, you should pay attention to the type of fat, avoiding saturated fats, and getting your allotment mostly in unsaturated (mostly vegetable) fats and fish oils. The new USDA Food Pyramid is a pretty good and workable guide, unlike the old ones.
- Assuming you're trying to lose weight, try to shoot for 30-35 grams of fat a day, it may take a few weeks to discipline yourself down to that but it works.
- The American Heart Association recommends limiting dietary fat to 30% of total calories, however, if you are overweight, need to lower blood cholesterol or have another medical concern, you may need less than the recommended 30%. Ask your health care professional what percentage of fat is right for you.
- The average person should have about 85- 100 grams of fat per day. If you are on a diet you should have about 60 grams of fat per day.
- The United States Health Department states the following on their site: A 1,600 calorie per day diet: 18 grams of saturated fat or less, 53 grams of fat or less. A 2,000 calorie per day diet: 20 grams of saturated fat or less, 65 grams of fat or less. A 2,200 calorie per day diet: 24 grams of saturated fat or less, 73 grams of fat or less. A 2,500 calorie per day diet: 25 grams of saturated fat or less, 80 grams of fat or less . A 2,800 calorie per day diet: 31 grams of saturated fat or less, 93 grams of fat or less. Keep in mind that most women should have a diet of no more than 2,000 calories/day, men no more than 2,500/day.) If you are trying to lose weight, 30 grams of fat. If you are a young teenager about 40-65 grams of fat. Consuming more than 65 grams of fat a day is unhealthy, an adult should have 65 grams or a little less simple. Just don't eat too much and eat fats sparingly.
Best foods for weight loss?
How to build muscle and burn fat?
HOW TO BUILD MUSCLE AND BURN FAT
(suitable for men or women)
How to build muscle and burn fat? Well, the correct ways to burn fat and build muscle are through specific eating habits and specific exercises. The best overall approach involves three components:
(1) Eating specific foods
(2) Weight/Strength training
(3) Cardiovascular (cardio) exercise
Awaiting you at the bottom of this answer, are links to free lists of foods to eat and foods to avoid, choices of free cardio exercise plans, and free weight/strength training exercises/routines. These links will guide you at your own pace; clearly showing you step by step how to build muscle and burn fat.
First, on this page, let me give you an overview of the three component parts.
(1) HOW TO BUILD MUSCLE AND BURN FAT THROUGH EATING
Here's how to cut through all the confusion about correct eating.
Eat a small meal about every three waking hours. You will not be eating more food, you will simply be spreading it throughout the day. It's critical never to skip a meal, and to obtain sufficient quality protein at each meal. 'Sufficient' means at least 15 grams per feeding if you are female and at least 20 grams per feeding if you are male. Your protein should come from unprocessed (preferably organic where possible), natural sources.
To lose body fat, and for optimum health, avoid or strictly limit refined processed carbohydrates (apart from an occasional treat). Over-consumption of refined processed carbohydrates is a major cause of unwanted body fat, insulin resistance, fat accumulating around the abdomen or stomach, overall weight gain, obesity, hypertension, heart disease, type 2 diabetes and many other diet related diseases and conditions.
If you are unsure what these foods are, at the bottom of this answer you will find a page link leading to a list of refined processed carbohydrates.
Replace refined processed carbohydrates with more of the so-called fat burning foods and make use of the thermic effect of fat burning foods. Drink plenty of fresh water to enable you body to process these foods. I suggest 3 quarts daily and adjusting your intake from there (unless you have a medical condition that would prohibit this).
If you are unsure what these foods are, at the bottom of this answer you will find a page link leading to a full list, and more detailed information about the thermic effect of food.
Eating this way (as outlined above) will significantly boost your metabolism. Increasing your metabolic rate is the key to achieving and sustaining a low percentage of body fat. Again, remember to drink plenty of clean water. As stated earlier, I suggest 3 quarts daily and adjusting your intake from there (unless you have a medical condition that would prohibit this).
(2) HOW TO BUILD MUSCLE AND BURN FAT THROUGH WEIGHT/ STRENGTH TRAINING
Proper weight/strength training will build muscle, which is your METABOLIC FURNACE that burns additional calories 24 hours a day and not just when you are exercising. Do a whole body routine. Concentrate on the basic, compound exercises, which are full squats, deadlifts, presses, rows, dips, and chins. Learn proper exercise technique and use it on every rep.
Once you are able to train intensely, you'll experience DOMS. In order to ensure systemic recovery, wait 24 or 48 hours after all DOMS has disappeared before training again.
Remember: you do not grow in the gym.
What you do in the gym should stimulate growth during the recovery period. Exercise is like medicine: too little is ineffective and too much is counter-productive. Therefore, between sessions get plenty of rest and sleep.
As stated earlier, at the bottom of this answer, you can find page links to free exercises/routines suitable for beginners and upwards, as well as relevant information such as safety and warm-up tips.
(3) HOW TO BUILD MUSCLE AND BURN FAT THROUGH CARDIOVASCULAR (CARDIO) EXERCISE
Here are a few examples of cardio exercise:
- brisk walking on a treadmill or outdoors
- running on a treadmill or outdoors
- cross-country skiing
- nordic walking
- aerobic dancing
In fact, any exercise, sport or activity that increases your heart and respiration rate for a specific period is cardio exercise. It is important to do cardio exercise at the right intensity. Cardio exercise ranges from mild to intense.
Unlike mild cardio, intense cardio must always be brief.
Intense cardio exercises include running, interval training, and graded exercise protocol.
Brisk walking is an example of mild cardio exercise.
Mild cardio exercises keep your maximum heart rate at about 60 to 65%. Intense cardio exercises involve a maximum heart rate that is considerably higher (usually up to about 85% or even 90%).
In terms of burning fat during exercise, mild cardio is superior to intense cardio. So, you might think that everyone should do mild cardio exercise.
That is incorrect. Mild cardio exercises are not effective fat burning exercises in the long-term.
Well, they do actually burn more fat than intense cardio exercise. Unfortunately, by doing them regularly, your body adapts to mild cardio by storing fat during the recovery period until your next mild cardio exercise session. This is bad. You want to burn fat not store it!
Whereas, intense cardio burns more fat overall because it stimulates more fat burning between intense cardio exercise sessions.
In addition, because intense cardio is intense, it must be brief, (whereas mild cardio is prolonged). By that, intense cardio is great for people who are lazy, or do not like prolonged exercise, or grow bored by it, or do not have the time.
Nonetheless, if you are new to exercise and wish to begin with mild cardio such as brisk walking see the choice of plans at the bottom of this answer, and then progress to intense cardio (see the intense cardio plan at the bottom of this answer).
Whatever cardio you choose (mild or intense), choose a cardio exercise that you dislike the least and that you will stick to without giving up after the first week or so. Cardio exercise will increase the amount of calories your body uses during and immediately after exercise.
HOW TO BUILD MUSCLE AND BURN FAT, SUMMARY
So, the best way to build muscle and burn fat is to eat as outlined in the earlier part of this answer, and combine cardio exercise with weight/strength training. You can use this sustainable program from now until your dotage. If you adopt it and make it habitual, you are going to know how to build muscle and burn fat, like the way you look, and love the way you feel!
Depending upon your current degree of fitness, I suggest two to three intense cardio sessions per week. In particular, if you have not been doing intense cardio exercise, I recommend starting with GXP (see the Intense Cardio Plan 3 page link at the bottom of this answer).
Even if you do twice weekly strength-training as well as intense fitness exercise two or three times weekly, if you want to go further it's also a good idea to go for a brisk walk once a week. 'Brisk' means 2 miles in 30 minutes, 3 miles in 45 minutes, or 4 miles in 60 minutes.
For weight loss or health, even if you start with mild cardio that will be a great step forward, and then move on to intense cardio exercise as soon as you are able.
Cardio exercise will increase the amount of calories your body uses during and immediately after exercise. Weight/strength training will add more muscle and muscle is you METABOLIC FURNACE that burns calories 24 hours per day and not just when you are exercising. (Don't worry you don't have to build huge muscle (unless you want to.)
Moreover, in addition to adding muscle, weight/strength training benefits your body in so many, many ways. One should never underestimate the benefits of weight/strength training for optimum health. Male of female, young or older, you are never too old to benefit from some form of weight/strength training. The free exercises and programs at the bottom of this answer are suitable for males or females, beginners of more advanced, young or old.
Therefore, when you combine weight/strength training with cardio exercise you not only have the best answer for 'how to build muscle and burn fat' you also have the best exercise answer for optimum health.
(Incidentally, even people who cannot engage in cardio exercise because of injuries, or specific health conditions, can usually engage in some from of weight/strength training and, by that, enjoy its many, many health benefits.)
So, for the 'how to build muscle and burn fat' free programs, plans, and lists, to show you how to do it step by step, use the page links given below:
- FREE MILD CARDIO EXERCISE PLAN 1 (the easier plan)
- FREE MILD CARDIO EXERCISE PLAN 2 (the slightly harder plan)
- FREE INTENSE CARDIO EXERCISE PLAN 3
- BEST EXERCISES TO LOSE WEIGHT
- LIST OF REFINED PROCESSED CARBOHYDRATES (to avoid or strictly limit)
- FREE FAT BURNING FOODS AND THE THERMIC EFFECT (to replace refined processed carbohydrates) and more about detailed information abut the thermic effect of food
128 people + others elsewhere, found the above 'how to build muscle and burn fat' answer very useful.
You may first wish to seek the approval of your own physician before changing your eating or exercise habits, especially if you have any known condition or disease.
How do you get flat abs without losing weight?
* If you want to get a flat stomach you need to lose stomach fat first, and you cannot lose fat in your stomach only; our bodies don't work that way. As you lose fat all over you will start seeing the fat come off the stomach area as well and as a result your stomach muscles will start to show. * However, if you take steps to gain muscle while losing fat your body weight may remain about the same. You will have burned off the fat and replaced it with the same weight in muscle. You may weigh the same as an unconditioned flabby person, but you will look much better!* If you have a lot of fat in your stomach, then to get flat abs you have to lose the fat in the abdominal cavityâ€¦ but if you still want to maintain weight and lose fat in stomach, then take up weight training, train hard with weights thrice a week, do cardio on non training days. Eat high protein-moderate carbsand low fat dietâ€¦.. And expect to move on slowlyâ€¦â€¦ Based on your current fat percentage you can reach your goalâ€¦ For example if you are at 15% bodyfat then you can expect to have a flat abs in 4 months. * Body fat accumulating around the stomach is caused by consuming too many refined (processed) carbohydrates. For information about how to lose stomach fat and 'fat burning' foods, see the page links, further down this page, listed under Related Questions.
How Many Glasses Of Water In 600ml Bottle?
That depends on the size of the glass. If the capacity of the glass is 200mls then the 600 ml bottle equals 3 glasses. A cup is 250 mls, therefore a 600 ml bottle equals 2.4 cups.
How do you get rid of a double chin?
Doing some facial or more specifically neck or chin exercises might reduce your double chin. Here are a variety of suggestions from Wiki .com
(1) Try this exercise: Press your palm to your forehead for 10 seconds while resisting with your head and neck. You should feel your neck and chin tighten. Repeat the movement with your hand on the back of your head, then on each side, with your hand cupped over your ear.
(2) Try this exercise: Lift your chin up and open and close your mouth as if you're chewing. Feel the muscles under your jaw and down the front of your neck tighten.
(3) Try this exercise: Sit up straight in an armless chair, holding the bottom of the chair with your hands at your sides, tilt your head back and alternately close your mouth pushing your chin forward and them open your mouth as wide as you can.
(4) Try this exercise: A chin exercise is to tilt your head back sitting in a chair and try to kiss the ceiling, you will feel it work under your chin.
(5) Try this exercise: Lift chin slightly upward. With flat point of index and middle fingers press against indentation (hollow) formed by the two upper nodules of the larynx located at the curve from chin to neck. Do not be concerned in the beginning as to the precise location of pressure which you will discover through practice. Regard finger pressure as the resistance against the working muscles. Now press your back teeth firmly together and while maintaining this position, press the tip of your tongue against the inside of lower front teeth (gum line) increasing pressure with the tip of tongue in 10 or more gradual and definite steps (Count to 10). Hold end position of pressure for 6 seconds (count slowly to six). Release muscle work for 10 gradual steps (count to 10). Remove finger resistance. Repeat 4 more times.
(6) Try this exercise: Slap under the chin with the back of your hand. When slapping, start gently and build up speed gradually. Do this for a couple of minutes each time, two or three times a day.
(7) Try this exercise: Exercise the muscle called the platysma whose function is to pull down the corners of the mouth and pull down the jawbone. Open your mouth wide, and then pull up your bottom lip over your bottom teeth. Move your jaw up and down as if you're trying to scoop something up with it - imagine the movement of the shovel on a digger scooping up earth or debris on a building site. Perform ten repetitions of this exercise each time, and again do this two or three times a day.
Here are other types of suggestions:
(a) Eat healthily. Eat an apple or grapes and have healthy vegetables and protein. Have a healthy snack like like a salad. Exercise lightly at first, then workout a little bit more every day that you work out. This will make you look thinner and muscular too. It will also help to get rid of your double chin.
(b) Eat a very balanced diet. Don't eat JUNK! because it will make you gain more than you trying to lose.
(c) Exercise. Whether you lift weights, run, or walk make sure you incorporate this into your daily exercise routing. Don't eat fried foots, red meat, or white bread. DO NOT eat after 6 pm. This should help.
(d) There is another way (it's simple you won't even notice it because you'll be asleep), sleep with one flat pillow. When you sleep with two or one slanted or two slanted etc. you will get a double chin. Here is a temporary way: If you hold your tongue to the roof of your mouth it will get rid of your double chin until you let it down again.
(e) You can almost hide a double chin with make-up. Purchase a bronzer or a shade darker than your natural tone [fair skin: bronzer; bronzed to tan skin: darker foundation.) Take your foundation or blush brush and place the bronzer or dark foundation under your chin.
(f) There is no easy way to get rid of your double chin. You have to lose weight all over your body first, to do so you need to eat healthy foods in the right amounts, and exercise. Please note that it is very important to exercise your entire body. Doing facial exercise to get rid of your double chin will help you only if you eat healthy foods and exercise your entire body.
(g) Alternatively, exercise and eat less if you are overweight.
How many lemons should you eat a day?
Not too many. As they can erode your enamel on your teeth, You can add a couple of lemon slices to a pitcher of water and drink it throughout the day to have some flavoured water.
What are good weight loss camps or health farms or spas?
There are dozens. Some good ones are:
- Ragdale Hall, Leicestershire, UK
- Champneys (several locations), UK
- Henlow Grange, Bedfordshire, UK
- Stobo Castle, Scotland, UK
- Cedar Falls, Somerset, UK
- Springs Health Farm, Leicestershire, UK
- Grayshott Spa, Surrey, UK
- Hoar Cross Hall. Staffordshire, UK
- Structure House, North Carolina, USA
- Pritikin Longevity Center, Florida, USA
- For children: Camp Kingsmont, Amherest, Massachussetts, USA
- Green Mountain at Fox Run (adult women), Ludlow, VT, USA
How many carbs daily on a low carb diet?
HOW MANY CARBS DAILY ON A LOW CARB DIET
So, how many carbs daily on a low carb diet?
Well, the usual number of carbohydrates for a low carb diet ranges from 20 to 50 grams daily. However, the answer for individuals varies according to how difficult he or she finds it to lose weight and how insulin resistant they are. Many people have a degree of insulin resistance, often without being aware of it. In which case they will gain weight very easily and find it very hard to lose weight despite their best efforts.
If the above sounds like you, then start at the low end of the carbs per day range. Experiment and discover what amount works well for you as an individual. Sometimes the carb allowance can be as high as 70 grams of carbohydrate per day. However, 70 grams is very generous for a low carb diet and usually only for those who are engaging in regular weight training and intense cardio exercise.
Get your carbohydrates from natural sources such as non-starchy leafy green vegetables, and broccoli, and low carb fruits such as berries. Unlike protein and fat, there is no minimum daily requirement of carbohydrates in order to flourish physically, or to sustain life, but they do have many beneficial phytochemicals and fiber, so eating some is fine (as long as they are unprocessed) and within your daily carbohydrates allowance.
Apart from an occasional treat, strictly avoid refined processed carbohydrates. Over-consumption of refined processed carbohydrates is a major cause of weight gain, obesity, heart disease, insulin resistance, borderline or type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and many other diet related conditions and diseases. For a list of these foods, use the page link, given at the bottom of this answer.
Replace refined processed carbohydrates withspecific fat burning proteins foods and make good use of the fat burning thermic effect of these foods. If you are unsure what these foods are, at the bottom of this answer you will find a page link leading to a list of fat burning proteins and more detailed information about the thermic effect of these foods.
It can also help to understand your own body type. An ectomorph (thin person) can eat more carbs than an endomorph (fatter person) who can only consume very few carbs without gaining weight. A mesomorph can consume an amount in between the two. In addition, time your carbs: Consume carbs before workouts or periods of activity. However, consume less carbs during the evening.
Well, as we know, carbohydrates are a source of energy. If we consume carbs and then sleep, the body cannot adequately use up the energy consumed. Therefore, consume your carbs before high physical activity hours and keep intake very low, or nil, during low activity hours or nighttime.
Many people who have not had success on a low calorie diet find that a low carb diet works best for them. This reason for this is not only insulin resistance but also many people are addicted to refined processed carbohydrates, often without being aware of it (and admittedly they are deliciously addictive). Two recent excellent books on this subject that show you how to deal with it step-by-step, using low carbohydrate foods, and specific fat burning proteins, are Compulsive Overeating Help, and the Belly Fat Blast.
HOW MANY CARBS DAILY ON A LOW CARB DIET, SUMMARY
For the lists, charts, plans, and further information use the page links given below.
- List of Refined Processed Carbohydrates (to avoid apart from an occasional treat)
- Fat Burning Foods (to replace the refined processed carbohydrates), and more information about the fat burning thermic effect of these foods
- Carbohydrates in Fruits Chart (use as a daily guide for weight loss or weight maintenance)
- Carbohydrates in Vegetables Chart (use as a daily guide for weight loss or weight maintenance)
- How to Use the Low Carb Foods
498 people + others elsewhere found the 'how many carbs daily on a low carb diet' answer page useful.
Video: Refined processed carbs are addictive
If you only eat one meal a day will you lose weight?
Here are a variety of opinions and experiences (in no particular order)
1. This is coming from someone who has battled Anorexia...you will lose weight but it will be your muscle. When someone restricts their nutrition intake dramatically the body goes into starvation mode and holds onto fat and slows the metabolism. It is NEVER a good idea to only eat one meal a day. You will ruin your metabolism and be extremely tired all the time. A healthy exercise plan is the way to go and eating at least 1200 calories a day.
2. You should be eating 4-6 very small meals a day that include 'fat burning' foods if you want to really lose weigh. Eating only one meal per day would actually slow down your metabolism (your body goes into starvation mode) and this will cause you to gain weight in the long term. You can learn more about the thermic effect of eating small frequent portions of 'fat burning' foods, at the bottom of this page, listed under Related Questions.
3. Yes, one meal per day might well cause weight gain. Scientific research shows that eating one meal per day will slow down your metabolism This means that the calories you eat will be stored. Your body automatically goes into starvation or famine mode and stores calories, so that there are energy reserves, in times of severe food shortage. In this case, your body does not know that the famine is self-induced by you eating only one daily meal. Lose weight the smart way. Eat six small feedings, do cardio exercise. You will lose weight in a healthy way.
4. Every metabolism will react differently to this idea of one meal a day. However, you need to understand that if you are not getting the proper nutrition, your body will react badly. This will be worse if you are doing the one meal a day thing because your body will burn muscle tissue before it will burn fat. This will destroy your metabolism in the long term. There's a basic biological thing. Everyone has a unique metabolism, so there's no one single answer. For most people, though, if you have a normal or slightly fast metabolism, you body will be "waiting" for more food 3-5 hours after the single meal. When you do not provide it with any -- even a tiny snack -- it gets desperate and begins to "eat up" muscle, rather than body fat, to get the needed nutrition. In addition, your body begins to store fat more aggressively because it does not know when the next meal is coming. Therefore, in the end, most people will end up with poor muscle tone and extra fat in its place.
5. I ate one meal per day for 2 months and lost 12 kg. I was exercising every day too. I ate veggies, fish, or chicken. I have never felt better. I never obsessed about food but just ate once a day. I did experience some hunger pangs in the beginning. After a week I had so much energy, my skin was so clear, my concentration better than ever before and I felt so good about myself.
6. You may lose weight in the short term but positive long-term weight loss is about how much and what you choose to eat. The weight loss and skin improvement is due to cleansing. I never recommend eating less than three to five times a day (small portions that include fat burning proteins). Do not let four hours pass without eating a small plate of food. This will train you not to starve and then binge or eat out of boredom. If it's an occasion you're preparing for, don't starve yourself you may feel good but that's because your stomach is flat. Drink fluids and take supplements these help moodiness when changing diets.
7. No, eating only one meal a day is BAD for your health. You do not need to starve to lose weight. I did it, and lost 20 pounds. I eat lots of food, but the food is healthy. Just eat healthy, get your butt off the couch, lift weights, and you'll see yourself get slim and buff. It is not good to eat one meal a day because your body will think that you are starving and then you will start storing food as fat. Eat 5 to 6 small meals a day and work out. That is working for me.
8. With a goal of 10 pounds in mind, I decided to have just one meal per day. My dinner consists of 1000-1200 cal of fruit, veggies, rice/grain, legumes, tofu/seitan etc. (I'm vegan). I lost 9 lbs in 4. 5 weeks. I have no idea if this is unhealthy or healthy, but I am thrilled to have lost the weight. My husband has now been on it for 3 weeks and has lost 8 pounds.
9. I tried, this weekend, one meal - a super huge brunch. No physical outlet and 1, 5 liter water. I am feeling fit physically and very Zen in my head. For me it works and is not so hard to follow for a few days. It is better eating one correct meal a day to lose weight than following unrealistic diets that are focused on eliminating essential nutrients. I recommend a balanced one meal including all the food categories.
10. One meal a day is bad for you and it is almost impossible to fulfil all the daily nutritional requirements in just one meal. I think that the "I eat one meal a day lady" is unwise and may end up with health problems. I doubt your doctor thinks you are the healthiest person alive. The brain needs more food than one meal a day to function properly.
11. I've been eating one meal a day for over three weeks now and I have lost five pounds. I drink a lot of water and green tea (it takes your hunger away). I run for 40 minutes every day and with just one meal I feel so healthy! It takes patience and strength for the first two weeks just to get used to this type of eating, but it is worth it. When I feel hungry, I go for a walk (or run) and drink a lot of water or just take a nap.
12. Will you lose weight on one meal a day? The answer is: you might, or might not. Biologically, all you need for weight loss is a caloric deficit; that is, you need to eat less than you metabolize (burn). This is true for all living organisms; there are no exceptions on this planet. If that one meal is fewer calories than your diurnal (daily) metabolism, then you will lose weight. If that one meal is more than your diurnal metabolism, then you will gain weight. If they are equal, you will neither gain nor lose. Whether you eat once a day or 10 times a day, weight loss is dependent only on the caloric deficit. If there were an exception to this anywhere on this planet, then we could eliminate starvation, which is simply a prolonged, extreme caloric deficit. This is well understood in the diet, health, fitness and medical arenas. After this is understood, then we move on to what kind of weight are we losing, is it body fat or lean muscle mass.But that's for another discussion.
13. I have tried many ways. This is the easiest way I have lost weight. I find that I lose weight quickly when I eat only one meal a day. I can see a change in less than a week fitting into clothes (not on a scale). It is hard to get started but once you get use to it, you don't want more than one meal a day.... in fact more feels worse. I am going to start this again tomorrow since I have been stuffing my face for a month. I work out at the gym every other night.
14. I started eating one meal a day when I weighed 210 lbs. I did it for almost 2 months, felt great and lost a lot of weight. However, I had a lot of weight to lose. I suggest trying one meal per day for about a month. Then slowly add your meals back in to your diet. If you also try chewing your food for 20-25 times for better digestion. If you are a member of a gym try hula-hooping and lots of running. Getting involved in plenty of sports can also help.
15. I keep reading responses from people telling other people that they will be fine if they only eat 1 meal a day. Well, bluntly, who are they? Are they qualified? What kind of educational or professional background do they have to be able to say that? Personal experience is not enough. They have only been doing it for 2 months. They have no idea what damage they did to their body in that time. Unfortunately, that's how people are now. They will do silly things to their bodies for years and then want their weight off yesterday. Therefore, they do more silly things to their bodies like eating one meal a day. Come on people! There is a reason that specialists, physicians and nutritionists would never recommend this. And one thing I persistently tell my clientsis that it didn't take them a month to put the weight on, so don't expect miracles in a month. Wake up people!
16. As a Certified Personal Trainer and Nutritionist, I am shocked at what I am reading about eating one meal a day. I own my own personal training studio and I am also a nutritionist. I would never condone this. In fact, most of my clients come to me eating way too little and I make them eat more often and usually more calories. They all succeed! The ones who refuse to eat more may or may not lose weight. But they never like the way they look. Their body fat is usually very high so they are very flabby. Skinny is not healthy. A healthy percentage of body fat is what you should be going for. I eat at least 5 and sometimes 6 times per day personally and my body fat is around 18%.
17. It's not just about consuming less calories, it's about what kind of calories you are consuming. Also, I have to agree with the fact that those of you eating one meal a day are really messing with your metabolism. If you are young, you are going to have a really hard time losing weight when you are middle age because of the stupid things you are doing now.
18. Unless there is a medical reason for doing so (such as multiple food intolerance/allergies), do not resort to eating only one meal a day for weight loss. This will significantly slow down your metabolism, which is the opposite of what you want. Moreover, this will make weight loss increasingly difficultfor you in the future. If you wish to burn excess body fat, increase your metabolic rate. The higher your metabolic rate, the better (and the easier) you will lose (and avoid) excess body fat.
19. To increase metabolism, eat a meal about every three waking hours (5 or 6 feedings per day). You will not be eating more food; you will simply be spreading it throughout the day. Each of those five or six feedings should contain at least 15 grams of unprocessed protein (from natural sources) for a female or at least 20 grams per feeding for a male. It's important to drink plenty of clean water- at least 3 quarts daily. Among many other benefits, water will help your body to process proteins. Just by itself, eating this way, while avoiding processed (refined) carbohydrates, is one of the best ways to increase metabolism (specific types of exercise are other excellent ways)
20. How does this work? Well, in terms of its "thermic effect" protein is powerful. Protein has twice the power as either of the other two macronutrients, which are fats and carbohydrates. In other words, your body has to work harder to digest proteins than it does to digest fats or carbohydrates; this means that your body will use more calories (energy) in the process of digestion and absorption. In addition, eating sufficient protein throughout the day will keep you in a positive nitrogen balance. A positive nitrogen balance indicates that your body is building lean muscle tissue. Maintaining a positive nitrogen balance is crucial because lean muscle is your metabolic furnace that will burn extra calories 24 hours a day. Therefore, building muscle (through strength training) will increase your metabolic rate and losing muscle will slow down your metabolic rate.
21. Our body has the best adaptation mechanism . If you eat only one meal, then your body will go into starvation soon. When the body goes into starvation, it will asses its calorie expenditure. To retain a pound of muscle per day (even if you sleep 24 hours) you need somewhere around 50kcals. But fat does not need any calories to survive. So, your body will start losing muscles to compensate the calorie deficit... and you wont lose not even an oz of fat. The net result will be loss of health.
22. To learn more about the thermic effect of 'fat burning' foods, see the page links, further down this page, listed under Related Questions.
How many carbohydrates per day for weight loss?
HOW MANY CARBOHYDRATES PER DAY FOR WEIGHT LOSS?
The usual number of carbohydrates per day for weight loss ranges from 20 - 60 grams. It can vary according to how insulin resistant you may be (many people have a degree of insulin resistance, often without being aware of it). Some people can eat around 70 grams of carbohydrate per day and lose weight. However, 70 grams daily is usually only for those who are engaging in regular weight training in addition to intense cardiovascular (cardio) exercise.
Initially, it is best to use the 20 - 60 guideline and determine how strict you need to be. Experiment and discover what amount works well for you as an individual.
One of the major causes of insulin resistance, weight gain, obesity, hypertension, dental cavities, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and many other diet related conditions and diseases, is an over-consumption of refined processed carbohydrates, These are not 'natural' carbohydrates.
Therefore, for weight loss or for optimum health, strictly limit refined processed carbohydrates (apart from an occasional treat). If you are unsure what these foods are, at the bottom of this answer you will find a page link leading to a full list.
Replace those foods with specific fat burning proteins and make good use of the thermic effect of these nutritious foods to burn more body fat. If you are unsure what these foods are, you will find a page link at the bottom of this answer leading to a list of the specific fat burning proteins, and more detailed information about the thermic effect of these foods.
Unlike protein and fats, there is no minimum daily requirement of carbohydrate either for good health or to sustain life. In other words, you would die if you ate a totally fat free or protein free diet (this is why low fat diets can be detrimental to health. However, though there is no minimum daily requirement of carbohydrates, they do have many beneficial phytochemicals and fiber so eating some is fine.
Therefore, staying within your daily carbohydrate allowance for weight loss, get your carbohydrates from unprocessed natural sources such as (preferably organic) non-starchy vegetables such as leafy green vegetables or leafy salad vegetables and low carbohydrate fruits such as berries.
For more detailed information about low carbohydrate foods, how many carbohydrates per day for weight loss, how best to use low carbohydrate diets, and examples of low carbohydrate foods, you will find an appropriate page link at the bottom of this answer.
If you are able bodied, and want to take things further to burn more body fat, or improve overall health, combine your fat burning foods and low carbohydrate diet, with fat burning exercises. At the bottom of this answer is a page link that will show you how to do this.
HOW MANY CARBOHYDRATES PER DAY FOR WEIGHT LOSS, SUMMARY
For the free lists, charts, plans, and in-depth information, to show you how to do it step-by-step, and at your own pace, use the page links given below:
- List of Refined Processed Carbohydrates (to avoid or strictly limit)
- Fat Burning Foods (to replace the refined processed carbohydrates), and more about the fat burning thermic effect of these foods
- How to use Low Carbohydrate Food and Low Carbohydrate Diets
- Take things further by using Fat Burning Foods and Low Carb Diet with Fat Burning Exercises
- Carbohydrate in Fruits Chart (for weight loss or weight maintenance)
- Carbohydrate in Vegetables Chart (for weight loss or weight maintenance)
257 people + others elsewhere, found the 'how many carbohydrates per day for weight loss' answer page useful.
Video: refined processed carbohydrates are addictive
What is the ideal weight for a 47 year old female that is 5'9?
For a medium frame allow 100-102 for the first 5' in height and 5 lbs per inch thereafter
So, 5'9" female should weigh 145-147 lbs.
Weight ranges for health and life insurance charts have bigger ranges because they include small to large frames.
Can you get sick drinking expired tea?
If you're talking about loose-leaf tea that has been properly stored (in a dry area), then no. Tea starts to break down and lose flavor, but it generally does not spoil. If you have tea that has been stored for a very long time, it will often taste very bland, and it may develop "off" aromas. But it is generally not harmful, unless it has been stored improperly (such as in too damp an area) and has grown mold.
A taste test is usually all you need...if it smells and tastes fine, it is probably safe.
Brewed tea is another issue, however...once tea has been brewed it can grow mold or bacteria or other microorganisms, so it is best to drink it up relatively quickly.
Best exercises for weight loss?
Any for of cardio is a great exercise. This can range from jogging, walking or even mowing the lawn. Anything to get your heart rate to rise. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Park your car in the back of the parking lot. Everything helps.
These are all good examples of cardio exercise:
- Brisk walking
- Cross-country skiing
For more information about how to do cardio correctly for fat burning, and for 3 free cardio plans to get you started or to advance you further (one easier plan, one harder plan, or one intense plan), see the page links, further down this page, listed under Related Questions.
Walking, Running and Cycling like home based exercises are really good for losing your weight perfectly.
In theory you can lose weight simply by exercising more, but the foods that we have available today are so high in calories that it's almost impossible to counter a bad diet by exercising more. Working off a single cupcake will probably take you something like 45 minutes hard exercise.
So any serious attempt at weight loss has to start with controlling your intake.
When it comes to weight loss/fat burn your body doesn't care much about what you do, but it cares greatly about how hard, and for how long you go at it. Everything that gets you equally sweaty and winded for the same length of time will give the same amount of exercise and burn the same amount of calories.
If you still intend to try that route you want to do something that gets your heart rate up and keeps it elevated for pretty much a long as possible - aim for one hour or thereabouts.
To lose weight, one exercise may not do the trick, you should do at least 3 good exercises daily. Cardio exercises are excellent.
When done correctly, the best and fastest exercises for fat loss are cardio exercises. There are various forms of cardio exercise. For more information about how to do cardio exercises, see the page link, further down this page, listed under Related Questions.
Push aways. Eat only half of what is on your plate and then push away from the table
Cardio takes about 45 mintues before your start losing lots of calories. I suggest Pilate and Obliques their challenging and are a great workout.
Fat loss is best achieved by doing aerobic activity at a moderate pace.
To lose fat you need to use up as many calories as possible, and the key to using up many calories is to get your heart rate up and keep it up for a longer period of time. Pilates and yoga aren't strenuous enough for a good burn, and strength training is too on/off to give a consistent increase in heart rate.
Long and consistent exercises, like jogging, bicycling, aerobics are much more efficient for fat/weight loss.
Cardio activities like running are the best at increasing your daily caloric expenditure. Weight training increases your metabolism. Some people say stick with cardio, some say do a combination of cardio and weights. In the end, you just need to consume less calories than you expend.
Cross-training is key to loosing fat. Cardio/aerobics exercises like swimming, spinning, circuit training are a great start - For workout plans and fat loss exercises.
Cross-training is key to loosing fat. Cardio/aerobics exercises like swimming, spinning, circuit training are a great start - For workout plans and fat loss exercises check out bestfatlossreview.net
Any exercise that will raise your heart rate into the fat burning zone. As long as you do this and keep your heart rate up for the duration of your exercise, you will burn fat. So using an elliptical, riding a bike, running they are all good cardiovascular work outs. Make sure you always stretch before you exercise.
well football is a great sport keep healthy and also basketball is also good my friends say that squash is good to i never played but that's to be really good ok that's my sports for you!
The best exercise workout would be zumba. It not only teaches you how to dance, you can do it with groups of individuals so that you are not alone in your workout.
Strength training is best exercise to lose weight. Your capacity to burn calories increases when you have more muscular fitness. Strength training exercises, such as squats, are also the best for losing weight because they use multiple muscle groups at the same time.
There are of course a lot of great exercises out there, for weight loss, but I would say swimming is the best kind of exercise for everything :)
I think the best way to lose weight by exercise is by doing it 5 days a week and 1 hour 30 minutes per day.
Just finished reading this free e-book "101 tips to burn belly fat" it was amazing a few tips I already knew, but I learned a hell of a lot from this 26 page pdf. It's free so I had what the heck summer is coming and got to rid of this slight beer belly here is the link https://payhip.com/b/KZYc click on the link inside the e-book after you are done to watch a free video presentation about an unusual tip on how to get a flatter belly while still enjoying the food you like
Is porridge good for weight loss?
Depends on which one we are talking about. There are many healthy ones and for breakfast it's excellent. You can eat it with a mashed apple and cinnamon or fresh berries. As always it's good to have a mixed diet. Bad carbs and simple sugars should be avoided. Most low G.I., processed or refined carbohydrates are referred to as "Bad Carbs" . The type of cereal that can assist with weight loss would be low G.I. cereals, (takes longer for the body to digest - hence a fuller for longer feeling), a common example of this would be oat cereals, whole grain cereals,etc.
How many carbohyrates per day?
HOW MANY CARBOHYDRATES PER DAY
So, how many carbohydrates per day for an adult man or woman, Well, here are four options.
First, it depends on whether you want to lose weight. Second, it depends on whether you simply want to maintain weight. Third it depends on whether you want to gain weight, Fourth, it depends on whether or not you would like to aim for optimum health irrespective of wanting to lose weight, maintain weight, or gain weight. Therefore, this question overall is answered using sub headings.
THOSE WHO ARE TRYING TO MAINTAIN WEIGHT, OR GAIN WEIGHT
If you are NOT trying to lose weight, 130 - 230 grams are sometimes recommended. However, please note that unlike protein and fats there is no minimum daily requirement of carbohydrate for good health or to sustain life.
THOSE WHO ARE TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT
If you ARE trying to lose weight, 20-60 grams are recommended. For weight loss, get your carbohydrates from natural sources such as (preferably organic) fresh non-starchy vegetables and low-carb fruits such as berries and avoid or cut right down on refined processed carbohydrates.
IMPORTANT HEALTH INFORMATION FOR ALL BOTH GROUPS
Refined processed carbohydrates are a major cause of heart disease, hypertension, weight gain, obesity, and many other diet related diseases. Therefore, strictly limit (apart from an occasional treat) refined processed carbohydrates. Replace those foods with the more nutritious so-called fat burning foods and take advantage of the thermic effect of food (to lose weight, maintain weight, or gain weight) .If you are unsure what these foods are, you will find a list of refined carbohydrates and a list of fat burning foods, and more about the thermic effect of food, via the page links at the bottom of this answer.
So, for the 'how many carbohydrates per day' free diets, lists and charts to show you how to do it or to take you further, see the page links listed below.
- List of refined processed carbohydrates (to avoid or limit, apart from an occasional treat)
- List of fat burning foods (to replace the refined processed carbohydrates), and more about the fat burning thermic effect of these foods
- How to use the best low carbohydrate foods
- Carbohydrates in fruit chart, free chart for daily use for either weight loss or weight maintenance
- Carbohydrates in vegetables, free chart for daily use for either weight loss or weight maintenance
289 people, + others elsewhere, found the 'how many carbohydrates per day' answer page useful.
Video: ketogenic diet; how many carbohydrates can you consume before problems occur
What foods trigger fat burning hormones?
In relation to fat burning hormones and how to lose body fat, the best natural tactics for obtaining and sustaining a well-balanced endocrine system are specific fat burning foods with correct nutrition, correct strength training, and sufficient rest. There are safe and natural tactics to manipulate hormones for fat burning and weight loss. Food is excellent medicine. To learn more about fat burning foods and fat burning hormones, see this free Internet resource:
How can you get a flat and toned stomach within 6 weeks?
- To get a flat stomach you may need to reduce fat all over your body. For some people (but not all, it depends on the cause) it is not possible to reduce fat in just one part.
- Either way, you first need to eliminate or strictly limit refined processed carbohydrates (apart from the occasional treat). Refined processed carbohydrates are the major cause of insulin resistance and fat accumulating around the stomach or abdomen. Replace those foods with 'fat burning' foods. Make excellent use of the fat burning thermic effect of those foods. If you are unsure what these foods are, you will find a list of refined processed carbohydrates, and a list of fat burning foods with more information about the thermic effect of these foods, further down this page, listed under Related Questions.
- Eat smaller meals, eat more smaller meals per day, don't starve yourself, eat more fresh vegetables and fruit, drink more fresh water, have far less sugars and empty calories, less soft drinks, cakes, cookies, etc.
- Eliminate or limit refined processed carbohydrates and add cardio exercise to the dietary changes. Cardio Exercise is the best fat burning exercise. In addition, full body exercises. Get a training partner or a fitness trainer ( a very worthwhile investment - of the money you save on junk food for example). Reduce stress, Get enough sleep.
- If you are fat it won't be possible. Eliminate or strictly limit refined processed carbohydrates. Lower your calorie intake by 500 calories. Eat only healthy foods that are low in fat and low in carbs. Do cardio exercise every other day for 45-60 minutes and weight train on the other days. Give yourself a couple of days off from the training schedule on the weekends. Watch your weight and try to lose between 2-3 lbs per week.
- In addition to the dietary changes already mentioned, to flatten and tone your stomach you have to work the muscles. Do at least 50 crunches on lower and 50 on upper abdominal muscles, and add more each week. Do some research to make sure you are doing them correctly or you can injure your neck and back. You may not get a "flat" stomach, a lot of this is genetic, but you will definitely get the muscles in the best possible shape if you are doing them correctly. However, do not do this until you have lost the stomach fat. Otherwise, you will simply build muscle underneath the fat and look worse.
- I tried this method and it's worked fine but I suggest consulting your doctor before starting this diet to see if it's right for you: Do Atkins, you'll be surprised as to how much weight you lose within like the first few weeks, and most of it will come off your stomach. Incorporate cardio aerobic exercises, abdominal exercises, anything that focuses on the mid-section.
- Personally I don't care for crunches but if you do decide to do them use a weight...10 pounds. One exercise I really enjoy, I don't really know the name, but you lay on your stomach on a surface that is high enough so if you lean forward you will not touch the ground, then you lean forward and come back up, far enough up so that your back is arched and go down again, do not stop. I would say do reps of about 30.
- This might also work, try lying on your back and put both of your feet up on a high surface, then lift your butt upwards then down and just repeat that method over and over again (50 reps would do). As said earlier in these answers, do not do this until you have lost the stomach fat. Otherwise, you will build muscle underneath fat and look worse.
- Stress also plays a major role in belly fat reduction. Don't get stressed too much. For more information on losing stomach fat, check related questions and links.
- Do some form of cardio exercise such as brisk walking, jogging, running, cross-country skiing, trampolining, Nordic walking, etc., every other day. For information about how to do this, and free lists and cardio plans to get you started (one easier plan, one harder plan, or an intense cardio plan), see the page link, further down this page, listed under Related Questions.
- Engage in regular cardio (cardiovascular) exercise or cardio activity and eliminate or seriously limit refined processed carbohydrates. Refined processed carbohydrates are a major cause of fat accumulating around the abdomen and insulin resistance. In addition, refined processed carbohydrates are a major cause of many diet related diseases. Replace these foods with 'fat burning foods, and learn about the thermic effect of those foods. You will find a list of refined processed carbohydrates, and a list of fat burning foods with more about the thermic effect of foods, further down this page, listed under Related Questions.