Citizenship and Marriage
US Constitution

Can a child become a US citizen if he or she is born out of wedluck in the Philippines with a US citizen father?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2013-06-01 18:08:03
2013-06-01 18:08:03


yes!my baby is a us citizen even if she born in philippines and not yet married as long as the father acknowledge her and had the DNA test with the US embassy whlle applying with her passport.


Related Questions

If your father is Greek and you have been born in Greece then you are a Greek citizen.

In Athens to become a citizen you would have to be over the age of 18 and you would have to be a male. You cant be a slave and you cant be a foreigner. But long ago to become a citizen your father and your mothers father would have to be a citizen.

the child will be a citizen of both countries the country that the child is born in and wherever the mother or father is from like say the baby's mother is a filipina and the father is an american the child will be a citizen of both countries

Yes you can. The Australian father can apply for Australian Citizenship by Descent through the Australian Embassy.

father borm in san francisco but the mother is an mexican citizen and baby born in mexico is the baby an american citizen

That would depend on if the child is born in america

actually my father said it is 10 years

My understanding is that he was never a US citizen. He came to the US on a student visa and returned to Kenya after he completed his education.

Sinforoso Padilla is the father of guidance in the Philippines

Answer: If your blood father is born in the US that makes him a citizen. In that case all you have to do is file form N-600 Application for Certificate of Citzenship ($460), you can get that at

I think that if your father was (and/or still is) a US citizen, then you are also a US citizen no matter where you were born. It should be rather easy to get an american passport in the US embassy or consulate in the phillipines for you. As for your mother, I believe that she has to apply for a US visa or "green card" based on her marriage to your father who was/is a US citizen, or thru your US citizenship if you are over 21 years old.

When you get citizenship through parents you need to apply for the citizenship certificate.For this the immigration Form N-600 should be filed. If your parents were US citizens but you were not born in the US, you are still legally a US citizen by birthright. You may be able to prove your citizenship and claim it by filing Form N600 (Application for Certificate of Citizenship).

No, there does not seem to be any evidence that President Obama's biological father became a U.S. citizen, and in fact, he ultimately returned to his country.

I'm assuming you're asking if you can be President of the United States. The simple answer is, it depends. The father must have spent five years in the US after age 14 before you were born for you to be considered an American citizen. Things become more complicated if your parents weren't married. You'd have to prove paternity somehow.

the father of criminology is alexander machonotche

Depends on where she was born. If she was born in the United States she is all ready a citizen. If she was born outside the country she would have to apply for citizenship. Since your are not a citizen and your husband is illegal she is not a citizen unless born here.

When someone comes over to the United States it takes you 15 years in order to be eligible to become an American citizen and on top of that you have to take course, on being an American citizen and you have to pass the test at the end of the class. the last post its completely WRONG. because it doesnt take 15 years to become an American citizen. if you have a green card it takes 5 years to apply to become a us citizen. If you join the armed forces like the army, navy, marines, airforce and coast guard it takes 6 months after you joined to apply for a us citizen paid by the government. i got my greencard in Jan 2007, joined the airforce in nov 2007 for 6 years, and in jul 2008 i became a US CITIZEN.

If my step mother is Panamanian and my father is from the United States and have been married for more than 25 years. Can, I apply or due I qualify to become Panamanian citizen or dual citizenship? In this case does my step sister have dual citizenship? How due I obtain ?

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.